Did I just hear this right, all state and county plows are pulled from the road?

• Charles

I just got a notice that they are pulling all plows from the road until the storm stops. Anybody else hear anything about this.

troutbum
    St. Paul

The roads are hilariously poor at the moment between roseville and bloomington.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Woodbury city plows are running.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

seen one not to long ago run up hwy 10 towards elk river!!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

County plow went by here not long ago………..unless he was just checking to see if I plowed yet. rotflol

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Nothing on the MnDOT website or FaceBook page. coffee

Snow emergency announced for St Paul and MPLS.

-J.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m working at the airport today and I can’t even see the planes that are less then 200 yards away. Its gonna be a long drive to north branch

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m working at the airport today and I can’t even see the planes that are less then 200 yards away. Its gonna be a long drive to north branch

Just take your time. Everybody is in such a rush to get home so they can bi#%h how bad the traffic was.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

This morning Aitkin County did pull their plows off. ??? Looks like the have resumed now.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’d get a hotel in Hugo if I was you….

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

There’s already been one accident involving a state plow truck….somewhere between Rochester and Cannon Falls. There was another accident a day ago near Kellogg. How can people NOT see a plow truck?

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

There’s already been one accident involving a state plow truck….somewhere between Rochester and Cannon Falls. There was another accident a day ago near Kellogg. How can people NOT see a plow truck?

Easy to miss when your eyes never lift up from your cell phone.

Had a younger lady behind me the other day, tailgating close enough to me to count individual grains of salt on my tailgate all while yaking on the phone and putting on makeup. If I had to brake suddenly for any reason no way she didn’t plow into me.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I’d get a hotel in Hugo if I was you….

Oh boy that can’t be good

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

To everyone planning to head out on the road, please stay out of my way. I have 4 wheel drive an new AT tires so I can drive much faster than you. I don’t want my normally 20 minute commute to take more than 30 minutes. Please pull over to the shoulder if you see me in your mirror. chased

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just got in from plowing a little while ago. Snow piled up pretty good around here. Drive safe and beware of the other guy.

tangler
    Inactive

To everyone planning to head out on the road, please stay out of my way. I have 4 wheel drive an new AT tires so I can drive much faster than you. I don’t want my normally 20 minute commute to take more than 30 minutes. Please pull over to the shoulder if you see me in your mirror. chased

Followed a $55k Sierra doing 8mph all the way home on Tuesday. Takes all kinds I guess but both extremes bug me. Just drive safely, no need to be a speed demon OR to putt around like an old lady. Especially in a machine that’s built to handle snow.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

LMAO!!

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I saw someone hit a plow truck once, right in front of me. The plow truck was in the left lane of Hwy 10 and going about 35mph. The roads were not in very bad shape, all things considered. The rest of the traffic was going about 45-55mph, give or take. The plow was going straight as an arrow and there was plenty of room on the right lane. Suddenly, the plow started slowly weaving toward the center like what one would expect from a distracted driver, and ended up basically straddling the center line for no apparent reason. Someone slowed down and tried to pass on the right at about 40mph when that happened, their right tires hit the deeper snow on the side of the lane, and they fish-tailed to the left into the side of the plow.

It’s not always that people don’t see them. The plow drivers are sometimes at fault, too. Granted usally it’s people just being dumb, but I’m playing Devil’s Advocate here. This one was the plow driver’s fault.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Our plows didn’t start up until around 1:30 this afternoon and have things in decent shape here in town, but the wind is really whipping and at times there’s as much snow in the air from the wind as there was when it was snowing heavy this afternoon. Be careful out on rural highways with the blowing snow and dropping temps.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Agreed. This fluff s going to blow and be a mess.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Speaking of plows, is anyone else seeing a much higher number of trashed mailboxes than usual??

I’m guessing it’s the plow driver in my area but I’ve seen 3 times more mailboxes trashed this year than I’ve seen in the 13 winters I’ve lived here. This includes my mailbox.

It’s not even from hitting the mailbox. It’s from the snow being thrown into the mailboxes. I even noticed today that a really nice sturdy wood sign bearing the name of the family that lives there was the next victim. It’s been there since before I moved in. Now it’s laying in the snow. I get a feeling he is going way too fast.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Just take your time. Everybody is in such a rush to get home so they can bi#%h how bad the traffic was.

Haha, like they aren’t doing that from their phone as they drive.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.