DH 3D printed rod handles

• Jason Guthmiller

Has anyone here used the DH 3d printed god handle? I was curious if they are slippery in when they are cold or wet? They seem like a good deal from a weight and should be very sturdy.

Gone Fishing

I have wrapped a number of rods for Dustin over at DH that have had all models of his 3D printed handles and they are awesome. Most of my personal customers request them on all types of rod blanks. I highly recommend them! I also highly stress to my customers to never use Cold Snap rings aka casteration rings in general. Casteration rings do a number on Eva and cork, I would guess that the abs plastic that the handles are made from might not fair to well because the 3D printed handles are honey combed and not solid plastic. There are many options to attach a reel to a non screwable reel seat other that casteration rings or tape. As far as the grips feeling slippery I haven’t experienced that yet. Hope this helps.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Not sure if it’s the same handles but I have a couple custom rods with what seems to be the same and they freakin rock. My favorite rod has it and it does become a bit slippery when your glove is half frozen and crispy but what handle wouldn’t in those conditions and that’s the least of your concerns if it’s that nasty.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.