Iowa Record Deer

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

A quick pic of the Iowa record buck without the links, simply unreal!

Tuck

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

That has to be the ugliest rack I have seen in a long, long time.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

That has to be the ugliest rack I have seen in a long, long time.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

It looks like it had its head stuck in a vise or something!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

It looks like it had its head stuck in a vise or something!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

This is not the new world record, I’ve seen an email going around that had the right story, but this picture instead.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

This is not the new world record, I’ve seen an email going around that had the right story, but this picture instead.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

That’s definately A-typical! What a mess! It’s cool to see the oddities of nature though.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

That’s definately A-typical! What a mess! It’s cool to see the oddities of nature though.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

It looks like that Coral you could grow in your fishbowl as a kid.

So, by strictest QDM rules, this rack is not outside the ears. It should not have been shot then right????

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

It looks like that Coral you could grow in your fishbowl as a kid.

So, by strictest QDM rules, this rack is not outside the ears. It should not have been shot then right????

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

as stated before…this is not the albia buck…for a history and story on the deer shot this year near albia, iowa by a 15 year old to to http://www.iowawhitetail.com

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

as stated before…this is not the albia buck…for a history and story on the deer shot this year near albia, iowa by a 15 year old to to http://www.iowawhitetail.com

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

What in the hell is that .What a mount.

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

What in the hell is that .What a mount.

tharms
    Minnesota

From the info I have seen on this deer, no photos have yet been released. The trail cam pics from this year and pics from prior years of the record deer look much different than this photo. Photo looks like somoone editing. I guess time will tell when more info is released.

tharms
    Minnesota

From the info I have seen on this deer, no photos have yet been released. The trail cam pics from this year and pics from prior years of the record deer look much different than this photo. Photo looks like somoone editing. I guess time will tell when more info is released.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Maybe the local dnr will mount the rack for free because of its oddity, if they did im shure they would display it somewhere for everyone to see, the smithsonian?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Maybe the local dnr will mount the rack for free because of its oddity, if they did im shure they would display it somewhere for everyone to see, the smithsonian?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I have measured antlers for a long time at the MN DEER Classic;, have never seen anything even close to this one. very rare head, and what a nightmare for a taxidermist.
    Jack.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I have measured antlers for a long time at the MN DEER Classic;, have never seen anything even close to this one. very rare head, and what a nightmare for a taxidermist.
    Jack.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Jack, I go to the MN Deer Classic almost every year, if I make it up this year I will look you up.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Jack, I go to the MN Deer Classic almost every year, if I make it up this year I will look you up.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

This fella ranks right up there with some of the most odd bucks I’ve seen pictures of, including the Medusa buck – the buck currently holding down the record for “largest percentage of non-typical antler” (98%).

But that might just be because B&C declared the “Barnacle buck” to be an unscoreable rack:

135 scoreable points (1″ or longer)

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

This fella ranks right up there with some of the most odd bucks I’ve seen pictures of, including the Medusa buck – the buck currently holding down the record for “largest percentage of non-typical antler” (98%).

But that might just be because B&C declared the “Barnacle buck” to be an unscoreable rack:

135 scoreable points (1″ or longer)

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

It will be a record for something! Ugly for one??
    Tuck

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

It will be a record for something! Ugly for one??
    Tuck

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey Tuck! Is it ugly…………or misunderstood? Maybe he just wanted to express himself!

“Chester is a 7 year old herdmaster who likes to vacation in the tropics. He was so inspired after a visit with his cousins in Key West, FL that he designed an entirely new look, and one that accurately demonstrates this inspiration for all! Simply brilliant!!! Entirely encapscilating the coral reef experience in but one moment’s glance! Simply Delicious! He’s a genius! Next on the runway we have……………”

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey Tuck! Is it ugly…………or misunderstood? Maybe he just wanted to express himself!

“Chester is a 7 year old herdmaster who likes to vacation in the tropics. He was so inspired after a visit with his cousins in Key West, FL that he designed an entirely new look, and one that accurately demonstrates this inspiration for all! Simply brilliant!!! Entirely encapscilating the coral reef experience in but one moment’s glance! Simply Delicious! He’s a genius! Next on the runway we have……………”

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.