Quick easy question………..I hope!

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey all you WI deer hunters,

The T-zone hunt was this past weekend in many parts of the state. These anterless tags…………can they be used during regular season as well? My dad asked me this and I left my regulations up at the cabin…………..help?

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Nope: Good for the next T-zone hunt though

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Nope: Good for the next T-zone hunt though

bucketmouth1

Are you sure about that Sgt. Unless things have changed this year the last couple of years when you bought your license you got an either sex tag and an antlerless tag. The antlerless tag could be used during T zone or regular gun season. Things might have changed this year tho. I haven’t bought a license yet. Heading to shoot one of those Mn deer this weekend.

bucketmouth1

Are you sure about that Sgt. Unless things have changed this year the last couple of years when you bought your license you got an either sex tag and an antlerless tag. The antlerless tag could be used during T zone or regular gun season. Things might have changed this year tho. I haven’t bought a license yet. Heading to shoot one of those Mn deer this weekend.

bucketmouth1

Stillakid
    After my first post I was questioning myself if I gave the right answer so I went to the dnr website and here is what I found. “Zone T permits may be filled in any zone T unit during any open deer season in that unit.” Hope that helps.

bucketmouth1

Stillakid
    After my first post I was questioning myself if I gave the right answer so I went to the dnr website and here is what I found. “Zone T permits may be filled in any zone T unit during any open deer season in that unit.” Hope that helps.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

And I thought MN had confusing laws What the heck is a Zone T permit? Can you tell I do not hunt in WI

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

And I thought MN had confusing laws What the heck is a Zone T permit? Can you tell I do not hunt in WI

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Yeah I was confused too so went back to the book and checked. You can use during any season. My mistake.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Yeah I was confused too so went back to the book and checked. You can use during any season. My mistake.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Steve: Unlike MN the WI DNR hands out free doe tags with a regular license purchase. These are valid during a special extra season in specific deer management units. These seasons are in Oct and Dec in addition to the regular Thanksgiving week season. Addtional tags can also be purchased. If Mn really wanted to reduce herd numbers they should consider free tags also and the ability to take deer with all licenses combined.. gun,archery,muzzle. Seems like they just want to sell licenses. I do buy the extra’s at half price which is minimal but still…. Ok off my soap box.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Steve: Unlike MN the WI DNR hands out free doe tags with a regular license purchase. These are valid during a special extra season in specific deer management units. These seasons are in Oct and Dec in addition to the regular Thanksgiving week season. Addtional tags can also be purchased. If Mn really wanted to reduce herd numbers they should consider free tags also and the ability to take deer with all licenses combined.. gun,archery,muzzle. Seems like they just want to sell licenses. I do buy the extra’s at half price which is minimal but still…. Ok off my soap box.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Thanks for the clarification guys!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.