Halloween Deer

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Got a doe last night but I did not find it until this morning. She left very little blood as the shot was high and angled down & came out low near her back leg. At the end of the blood trail I just made a B line toward the creek and that’s where I found her, next to the creek about 50 yards from my stand. Deer will often head toward water after they have been shot, I have had to pull more than one deer out of water, and luckily this one did not make it in the water

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

congradulations Steve, how big is it?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Good job on a freezer deer Steve. I had a couple guys out here at home yesterday hunting. They were ready before I was and they went on out to set up. Gary (btmfinder) had a smaller 8 point withen 10 yards. He said it was a tall rack but only 12 to 14 inches wide. He said he grunted a couple of times to get it to wander off and he said it walked right past my stand. He checked his watch and waited and saw me climb up my stand 7 minutes after the deer walked past. The deer then traveled about 300 yards and busted my other buddy Brad. Oh well next time. The deer are really scrapeing some big areas up now. What I’m wondering is if that 8 point is the predominent buck in the area or is there a larger one? Good job on getting your doe. Steve

leinieman

Good job on a freezer deer Steve. I had a couple guys out here at home yesterday hunting. They were ready before I was and they went on out to set up. Gary (btmfinder) had a smaller 8 point withen 10 yards. He said it was a tall rack but only 12 to 14 inches wide. He said he grunted a couple of times to get it to wander off and he said it walked right past my stand. He checked his watch and waited and saw me climb up my stand 7 minutes after the deer walked past. The deer then traveled about 300 yards and busted my other buddy Brad. Oh well next time. The deer are really scrapeing some big areas up now. What I’m wondering is if that 8 point is the predominent buck in the area or is there a larger one? Good job on getting your doe. Steve

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Fresh tenderloins……when should i come over?? Hehe

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Not real big just a yearling, but she will be mighty tasty

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Not real big just a yearling, but she will be mighty tasty

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Sorry Brian there are only enough tenderloins for three people, me, myself & I

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Sorry Brian there are only enough tenderloins for three people, me, myself & I

leinieman

Heck any part of a yearling should be mighty good eating. Nothing like some fresh venison on the grill medium rare,with a splash of worchershire sauce and a little fresh crushed garlic. YUM YUM YUM. Steve

leinieman

Heck any part of a yearling should be mighty good eating. Nothing like some fresh venison on the grill medium rare,with a splash of worchershire sauce and a little fresh crushed garlic. YUM YUM YUM. Steve

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

ONIONS, ONIONS and more ONION also.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

ONIONS, ONIONS and more ONION also.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Zimmy
    Onions. That must be why your breath always smells terrible. LOL

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Zimmy
    Onions. That must be why your breath always smells terrible. LOL

Gator Hunter

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Don’t forget the mushroom sauce!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Don’t forget the mushroom sauce!!!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Its hard to beat pounded out backbone loins. Pound them out, dip in egg and roll in cracker crumbs and flour. Deep fry them until golden brown with lots of fresh crisp onions on a bun, thats good eating!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Its hard to beat pounded out backbone loins. Pound them out, dip in egg and roll in cracker crumbs and flour. Deep fry them until golden brown with lots of fresh crisp onions on a bun, thats good eating!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.