Action “From the Tree” 2012

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The NW metro is clouding up pretty good.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Sweet, blow hard to the south east. I only have about an hour here in Stillwater

mitch_otto

Had another great sit last night! Seen three bucks and 4 does! Wife passed on two of the does due to size! Well be back out Thursday!

sticker

Windy out tonight. Saw 3 bucks sparing last night, hope the big guy comes to check it out tonight

sticker

My son just texted that 2 young bucks are sparing behind him. He is 100 yards from me.

kooty
    Keymaster

Nice. I bet it was windy tonight.

sticker

he saw 6 deer, none came close enough for a shot op. I saw nothing but geese flying around my head like bees. Should have had the shotgun

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Sitting over the pumpkin patch again! Wind is perfect!!

mitch_otto

Out again tonight sitting over the same plot as Sunday night! Hope it goes as good as the other night! Got the wife with again! Trying to get her first deer ever!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Out again tonight sitting over the same plot as Sunday night! Hope it goes as good as the other night! Got the wife with again! Trying to get her first deer ever!

Good luck Mitch and pink passion

sticker

Nice and quiet tonight, nothing happening yet

rubber
    river falls wi

Sitting on an oak ridge in northern wisconsin, wind is out of the north west. Had a doe walk by about 710 this morning hope it’s a good start for the weekend

kooty
    Keymaster

Had a great morning. Down to 23 here so it was brisk. The two hitlist bucks along with 3 young bucks were close. One of the 1.5 year olds came in perfect, the others hung back at 100 yards. I watched them bed 300 yards north of my stand. I’ll be back this afternoon.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Good Luck Kooty !!!

mitch_otto

Back at again! New spot tonight! Sitting over a heavely used corn field with oaks all around me! Should be a good night!

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Settled in to my favorite corner. An acre of clover, a strip of winter wheat and 4 acres of corn and beans. 5 hens feeding already and I am freezing! Going to break out the fleece tomorrow :, happy fall y’all

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Strong nw winds tonight. Set up overlooking a standing corn plot and Brassicas. Hopefully that 150 shows up

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Breezy and cool here in southern mn. Sitting along side a large plot with brassicas corn beans and rye. Hoping to lay eyes on one of the hit listers, can see a long ways in this one.

mitch_otto

Three does already this could be interesting!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

The wind is laying down here. Doe and fawn in the brassicas. Now we need a good buck to show!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Got a buck with 11″ spikes and a skunk things are picking up

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

What an awesome night! Had one of the hit listers at 4 steps from my tree. Passed on a 26-28 yard shot as he was quarter and to me, never ended up with him in any more of my lanes played the patience game and he won tonight. Nice heavy 5×5 main with a split G2

mitch_otto

Had an awesome night as well! Did not see any bucks had deer all around me from bout 530 on! lots of deer in the middle of the field that would not come play on the edge! Had to have the brother in law come pick me up cause i was covered in deer! He had a great night as well! deer were moving!

huntalot60
    wisconsin

Nothing yet. Temp is 35.hope they are moving late this morning.

sticker

Just put an arrow through a nice doe, looked like a good hit

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Chilly this morning. I drew back on a coyote but he never came into my lane

kevin_sahly
    maple grove,mn

I had a beautiful mature Tom come by edge of soy 20yds this am, just a few days early. Go figure.

codycroteau
    La Crosse, WI

Very good morning. 6 does/fawns and 2 small bucks. Lots of grunting and bleating going on? Had two small bucks sparring 10yrds away on video. Tonight i am going to try the horns lightly. Hopefully this little bit cooler weather gets them moving

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Very good morning. 6 does/fawns and 2 small bucks. Lots of grunting and bleating going on? Had two small bucks sparring 10yrds away on video. Tonight i am going to try the horns lightly. Hopefully this little bit cooler weather gets them moving

Very cool! What kind of cam and cam arm do you have in that pic?

tres_pezon
    Plymouth, MN

Not action from the tree per se, but action from a lunch time hike in the south metro.

You think I won’t be there in the morning?? Oh, I will!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 240 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.