Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Post deleted by Steve Plantz

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Post deleted by Steve Plantz

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Not to take anything away from this giant animal, but doesn’t it look like the rack lost alot of tines compared to the picture in velvet? In some ways it doesn’t even look like the same deer. Isn’t it suppose to have 30 non-typical scorable points? I just don’t see it in that picture. Granted it isn’t a very good picture. What do you guys think?

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Not to take anything away from this giant animal, but doesn’t it look like the rack lost alot of tines compared to the picture in velvet? In some ways it doesn’t even look like the same deer. Isn’t it suppose to have 30 non-typical scorable points? I just don’t see it in that picture. Granted it isn’t a very good picture. What do you guys think?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

If I’m not mistaken, the velvet picture is from 2002…………..a year ago. I was looking at the same thing myself and thinking “huh?” when it hit me we had earlier discussed what video this came out on and it was said that this was a 2002 release. The velvet pic is straight off the Prime Time Bucks #6 video. It does appear to me, that if this buck is the same animal, it has lost some mass compared to last year. Maybe even less than the 2001 sheds pictured. Even if this is true……………..I’d still have a coronary sticking an arrow to it!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

If I’m not mistaken, the velvet picture is from 2002…………..a year ago. I was looking at the same thing myself and thinking “huh?” when it hit me we had earlier discussed what video this came out on and it was said that this was a 2002 release. The velvet pic is straight off the Prime Time Bucks #6 video. It does appear to me, that if this buck is the same animal, it has lost some mass compared to last year. Maybe even less than the 2001 sheds pictured. Even if this is true……………..I’d still have a coronary sticking an arrow to it!!!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The first picture doesn’t look right. It supposedly has 37 non-typical points. The guys over at iowawhitetail.com have personally handled the rack and claimed it weighed 12 pounds. I’d head over there for the most up-to-date info (hope that’s not too ‘promotional’ since the guys know the family personally).

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The first picture doesn’t look right. It supposedly has 37 non-typical points. The guys over at iowawhitetail.com have personally handled the rack and claimed it weighed 12 pounds. I’d head over there for the most up-to-date info (hope that’s not too ‘promotional’ since the guys know the family personally).

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

I was emailed this picture of a possible World Record Boone and Crockett whitetail. From what I was told this deer was shot by some fifteen year old kid on a youth hunt in Iowa. From the email I was sent the buck scores 322 4/8. Now I still am a little unsure of this story. I was told it was just shot just recently. This deer is does not have any antler characteristics of a whitetail. Moose maybe though. Maybe one of you Iowans (sp) might have heard something on this deer.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

I was emailed this picture of a possible World Record Boone and Crockett whitetail. From what I was told this deer was shot by some fifteen year old kid on a youth hunt in Iowa. From the email I was sent the buck scores 322 4/8. Now I still am a little unsure of this story. I was told it was just shot just recently. This deer is does not have any antler characteristics of a whitetail. Moose maybe though. Maybe one of you Iowans (sp) might have heard something on this deer.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I received the same e-mail. Not sure of its authenticity.

Albia Buck

:Shot by a 15 year old kid with a muzzleloader Monday September 29 and not
    recovered until the next day. DNR WERE involved. They were informed of the
    deer’s existence and the harvesting of it. They were taken to the harvest
    site. All appears to be kosher. Filming of the shot did not happen due to
    forgetting to load tape into the camera. There are numerous trail cam pics
    this year and last I am told. Randy McPherren and Dale Ream did the green
    score at 322 4/8. It would seem that the buck was only 3 1/2 years old when
    the first pics were taken and the Lindberg sheds were found. The deer was
    harvested right in the area he had always been. The “Grandfathers” farm
    just outside town. He may have only grown one antler last year. I have held
    a shed antler found right there that seems to be from him.

This deer will be the highest scoring hunter taken deer yet known.
    AWSOME and great provenance.

> >This deer was just taken by the boy on the right. The
    > >boy has muscular dystrophy and is in a wheelchair, yet he managed to
    > >shoot the buck all by himself. This buck has one base coming out of
    > >the head that is 16 inches around. About 2 inches up it splits into 2
    > >beams and the deer’s C-1 measurements are just shy of 10. The deer
    > >carried the mass all the way to the end and had just over 68 inches of
    > >mass. I believe the brow tines on this buck are roughly 14 and 11
    > >inches and there is a 12 inch forked point coming forward from between
    > >the brows. We found the sheds from this particular buck in our
    > >preserve from last year and when he shed he also shed the entire bone
    > >between both antlers as well. There is about a 1″ piece of extra bone
    > >from his skull on the inside of both sheds, which explains this years
    > >unique rack.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I received the same e-mail. Not sure of its authenticity.

Albia Buck

:Shot by a 15 year old kid with a muzzleloader Monday September 29 and not
    recovered until the next day. DNR WERE involved. They were informed of the
    deer’s existence and the harvesting of it. They were taken to the harvest
    site. All appears to be kosher. Filming of the shot did not happen due to
    forgetting to load tape into the camera. There are numerous trail cam pics
    this year and last I am told. Randy McPherren and Dale Ream did the green
    score at 322 4/8. It would seem that the buck was only 3 1/2 years old when
    the first pics were taken and the Lindberg sheds were found. The deer was
    harvested right in the area he had always been. The “Grandfathers” farm
    just outside town. He may have only grown one antler last year. I have held
    a shed antler found right there that seems to be from him.

This deer will be the highest scoring hunter taken deer yet known.
    AWSOME and great provenance.

> >This deer was just taken by the boy on the right. The
    > >boy has muscular dystrophy and is in a wheelchair, yet he managed to
    > >shoot the buck all by himself. This buck has one base coming out of
    > >the head that is 16 inches around. About 2 inches up it splits into 2
    > >beams and the deer’s C-1 measurements are just shy of 10. The deer
    > >carried the mass all the way to the end and had just over 68 inches of
    > >mass. I believe the brow tines on this buck are roughly 14 and 11
    > >inches and there is a 12 inch forked point coming forward from between
    > >the brows. We found the sheds from this particular buck in our
    > >preserve from last year and when he shed he also shed the entire bone
    > >between both antlers as well. There is about a 1″ piece of extra bone
    > >from his skull on the inside of both sheds, which explains this years
    > >unique rack.

superdave
    NE IA

Ok, I’m going to walk out on a limb here. I beleive neither one of the pictures on here are the “albia buck”. The one Steve posted is of another buck taken by a youth, that scored 211″ supposedly, which is huge by any means. The other picture, I’m not sure what the scoop is, it looks doctored to me. If you go to Iowadeer.com, a lot of this is cleared up there. I dont beleive we will see pictures of the actual “albia buck” until after the new year when the magazine comes out that got the exclusive rights to the story. Hope this helps.
    Dave

superdave
    NE IA

Ok, I’m going to walk out on a limb here. I beleive neither one of the pictures on here are the “albia buck”. The one Steve posted is of another buck taken by a youth, that scored 211″ supposedly, which is huge by any means. The other picture, I’m not sure what the scoop is, it looks doctored to me. If you go to Iowadeer.com, a lot of this is cleared up there. I dont beleive we will see pictures of the actual “albia buck” until after the new year when the magazine comes out that got the exclusive rights to the story. Hope this helps.
    Dave

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The deer in Zimmy’s post is well known and is definitley not the Albia buck, even though the score in the email was correct for the A. buck.

Last I heard, no pictures have been released yet, and the January issue of North American Whitetail (???) had exclusive rights. I wouldn’t expect to see anything until then.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The deer in Zimmy’s post is well known and is definitley not the Albia buck, even though the score in the email was correct for the A. buck.

Last I heard, no pictures have been released yet, and the January issue of North American Whitetail (???) had exclusive rights. I wouldn’t expect to see anything until then.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

gheese, i just caught my mistake, Im half way good at math too, 12 x 12 is 144″, not 180, maybe it was deer dt’s. Maybe i was seeing 15, imbarrasing things happen!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

gheese, i just caught my mistake, Im half way good at math too, 12 x 12 is 144″, not 180, maybe it was deer dt’s. Maybe i was seeing 15, imbarrasing things happen!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the info John. I deleted some of the pics I posted earlier because nothing has been verified on these bucks yet I do not want to help spread any rumors that are already flying around. Sorry about jumping the gun guys, I should have dug a little deeper before posting those pics.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the info John. I deleted some of the pics I posted earlier because nothing has been verified on these bucks yet I do not want to help spread any rumors that are already flying around. Sorry about jumping the gun guys, I should have dug a little deeper before posting those pics.

jrjano

If someone will tell me how I have a photo of the deer to add to the thread

jrjano

If someone will tell me how I have a photo of the deer to add to the thread

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the info Wis Hunt, and welcome to In-Depthangling

Stop back often

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.