2003 DEER HUNTING PICS

• zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

I think it might be under 125 also. Good inside spread and mass, but your G2’s are a negative. One much longer than the other. Do you know how to score a rack? It wouldn’t be hard to do with your rack, Jeff.

Jeff, just curious, what is the let off on your Matthews 65% or 80%. If 80% then you aren’t able to register it for Pope and Young. To high of a let off. My MQ1 has 65% let off just in case I get lucky. . Boone and Crockett Scoring Chart sc.pdf This is a site that has the scoring chart for typical racks.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Zimmy thank for the chart. My bow has a 65% let off also.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Zimmy thank for the chart. My bow has a 65% let off also.

bass423
    Oregon, WI

Jeff,
    A tape would end the speculation but it looks like your estimate is pretty close. If you want it scored I would be happy to do it for you after the 60 day drying period.

bass423
    Oregon, WI

Jeff,
    A tape would end the speculation but it looks like your estimate is pretty close. If you want it scored I would be happy to do it for you after the 60 day drying period.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Here is a pic from Tim Ash, someone I know from work.
    Congrats Tim!

Quote:

Hey all,,, here’s some pics of the buck I shot last night near my home
    in
    Millville. Sorry about the poor photography but I was doing it all
    myself
    with the timer!
    He came by at about 4:50 pm (downwind of me!!??) 27 yard shot, right
    through the heart! Good luck hunting to all of you!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Here is a pic from Tim Ash, someone I know from work.
    Congrats Tim!

Quote:

Hey all,,, here’s some pics of the buck I shot last night near my home
    in
    Millville. Sorry about the poor photography but I was doing it all
    myself
    with the timer!
    He came by at about 4:50 pm (downwind of me!!??) 27 yard shot, right
    through the heart! Good luck hunting to all of you!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Bass423 I just might take you up on that offer, Thanks

Quote:

Jeff,

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Bass423 I just might take you up on that offer, Thanks

Quote:

Jeff,

bass423
    Oregon, WI

Jeff,
    I work in Jefferson and could meet you for lunch or after work and put a quick tape to it so you know the ball park score so if it does make P&Y you can go ahaed and arrange for a mount. Your call.

bass423
    Oregon, WI

Jeff,
    I work in Jefferson and could meet you for lunch or after work and put a quick tape to it so you know the ball park score so if it does make P&Y you can go ahaed and arrange for a mount. Your call.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

This one is from Illinoise bow season last year.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

This one is from Illinoise bow season last year.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

This one is from the 2000 MN 3A season.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

This one is from the 2000 MN 3A season.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

This odd duck(hybrid), believe it or not was taken last year during the bow season in SE MN.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

This odd duck(hybrid), believe it or not was taken last year during the bow season in SE MN.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

So your the one who shot that od ball last year lol i beklive by Byron correct me if I am wrong…I hunt the Lake Louise area and I have seen two deer that look VERY similar to Mule Deer I have been carrying my digital cam latly but cant seem to get a pic of it. Maybe one of them will walk out sat morning for me!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

So your the one who shot that od ball last year lol i beklive by Byron correct me if I am wrong…I hunt the Lake Louise area and I have seen two deer that look VERY similar to Mule Deer I have been carrying my digital cam latly but cant seem to get a pic of it. Maybe one of them will walk out sat morning for me!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Awesome looking bucks whitetails4ever What did they sore?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Awesome looking bucks whitetails4ever What did they sore?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to start a controversy here, but are you saying that ISN’T a mule deer? It sure looks like a muley to me. I thought that they banned the harvesting of mule deer in Minnesota? It is known that they travel down the rivers into much of southern part of the state.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to start a controversy here, but are you saying that ISN’T a mule deer? It sure looks like a muley to me. I thought that they banned the harvesting of mule deer in Minnesota? It is known that they travel down the rivers into much of southern part of the state.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

The outdoor news

You can check out my friend and local outdoor writer’s comment’s on the deer at this site and search for Mule Deer and change the starting year to 2002. Click on the story When Mule Deer and Whitetails Get Together. From what I’m told the state of MN issues deer license’s not species license’s therefor it is legal to harvest either species. I never had the deer tested to find out what it actually was but have been told that a mule/whitetail hybrid is probably the answer. Check out the article it explains it better.

Steve, the gun one green scored 131 and the the bow green scored 127.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

The outdoor news

You can check out my friend and local outdoor writer’s comment’s on the deer at this site and search for Mule Deer and change the starting year to 2002. Click on the story When Mule Deer and Whitetails Get Together. From what I’m told the state of MN issues deer license’s not species license’s therefor it is legal to harvest either species. I never had the deer tested to find out what it actually was but have been told that a mule/whitetail hybrid is probably the answer. Check out the article it explains it better.

Steve, the gun one green scored 131 and the the bow green scored 127.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Looks like a cross to me………..big ears but not enough “Y” in the antlers for a typical muley rack. Do they interbreed much? I’ve never read much on the subject.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Looks like a cross to me………..big ears but not enough “Y” in the antlers for a typical muley rack. Do they interbreed much? I’ve never read much on the subject.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Whitetails4ever;
    read the article, cool!!!

Good job!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Whitetails4ever;
    read the article, cool!!!

Good job!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Heres one from one of our Pro Staffers Mike Fink

Quote:

Our group had 8 bucks for 10 guys. They included a 12, 10, 9, 2 8’s, 6 and 2 spikes. I was lucky enough to get the 12 and 9. Both weighed over 200 lbs. The 12 is getting mounted. Here’s the 9.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 217 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.