WBCSH Deer Stand

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Here is the new deer stand/shooting house that was built for my Father who can’t quite reach the high one anymore due to health reasons. May WBCSH see some action this year. The stand is called after a phrase from the movie DC CAB.

The other stand in thye back ground is the infamous NIGEY! These stands are located off our biggest food plot that did not get planted this year due to being 0-8″ underwater from all the rain in Aitkin County.

Good Luck Dad!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Rob, I seen that stand at the cafe on 65/18! Sweet!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nope this is a different one. Just got finished being built in my brothers garage, but I know the one that you speak of!

It just went by your place on Saturday!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Looking like that will work well for him

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Wouldn’t it have been easier to build him an elevator? Kidding…looks nice!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Wouldn’t it have been easier to build him an elevator? Kidding…looks nice!

Actually the ladder is gone and some steps are being made!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

That is a sweet looking box blind Rob!
    What is the inside dimensions of the box? Looks like there would be enough room to draw a bow back if a guy wanted to bow hunt from it.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The blind is 5×6 and tall enough to stand!

They are located about 40 yards off the food plot. I have stands on the plot I use for bow!

ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Great looking stand Rob! I like the detail in the paint job and personalized it with your name, arrows, and other details.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Rob

Since you no longer need the stand in the background, I’ll be glad to take it off your hands. Just let me know where to pick it up. I have just the right location for it.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

No that one stays right where it is. Once Dad can’t use the low boy, it will be moved to another food plot or down on the other side of this one! Funny things is, this is the 3rd box blind/enclosed stand we have and I have yet to hunt out of one. I rather be out in the open personally.

I usally leave the enclosed ones for my Dad, Mom and Niece.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

WBCSH Stands for: White Bread Chicken Sh#t Hauckenberry

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

No that one stays right where it is. Once Dad can’t use the low boy, it will be moved to another food plot or down on the other side of this one! Funny things is, this is the 3rd box blind/enclosed stand we have and I have yet to hunt out of one. I rather be out in the open personally.

I usally leave the enclosed ones for my Dad, Mom and Niece.

Were looking to put up a few enclosed one’s for the same reasons. We have a few older hunters as well as a few with young ones comming up. I’d like to build a nice enclosed one but with having 2 stands stolen in the last 2 years I’m rather reluctant to put that much money into one. We hunt on some leased potlatch land in Central Minnesota. With the remoteness of the area things tend to disapper. We had a Tripod stand that was chained down with 3 fence post and they just cut the locks and took off with it. Oh well may have to take the risk next year. Have a great season!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Sorry to hear about the bad luck BW.

Good Luck this Fall to you and your group!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Rob,
    Shoulda stopped in for a cold one, we had one hangin already! D-COX shot a sweet little buck, maybe he will chime in with the story, great job D!! Unfortunately, the only pics that came out were from the meatpole.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

BP, might have to get location from you and stop in one of these times for a

HooksMom1
    Central Mn.

nice looking stand hear is one i built for my grandpa 2 years ago the deer dont seem to mind it and with the rolled roofing on the sides it should last awhile

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

That is a great idea how did you fasten it to the walls, with staples or nails? What are the dementions of it and can I ask how much $$$ you have into it for materials?

HooksMom1
    Central Mn.

the dementions were like 5 by 6 we used roofing nails to attach the rolled roofing. We had the platform from are old tree fort and a lot of 2x4s and we did alittle dumpster diving. I think we probebly put around 150 into it maybe alittle less. the rolled roofing cost the most it was like 60 or 70 i think. It was not hard to build at all my dad bought the stuff and i built it in sections.
    we assembled it when we got up there.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.