Scrapes??

• newt
    Pillager, MN

Has anybody noticed any scrapes yet? I’ve heard reports of none and then I’ve heard that a few guys have seen the start of a good line or two. If you’ve seen any in what geographic region were you? S.E. MN, Brainerd area, etc…? I had a report of a couple young bucks knockin heads after trailing a doe as well. What are you guys seeing?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I’m going out saturday morning to check for sign, i’ll let everyone know, they should’ve started by now.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I’m going out saturday morning to check for sign, i’ll let everyone know, they should’ve started by now.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

No scrapes, but were starting to see a few rubs as the underbrush is dropping quick now.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

No scrapes, but were starting to see a few rubs as the underbrush is dropping quick now.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ve seen a few mock scrapes along the field edges. I’ve yet to see my first rub of the year.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ve seen a few mock scrapes along the field edges. I’ve yet to see my first rub of the year.

Gator Hunter

quistjim
    Rosemount MN

I was out yesterday to set up a stand for my son , this will be his first year hunting. The spot I normally set up at already has three scrapes around it. It caught me by suprise but it sure pumped me up. I am excited for him.

quistjim
    Rosemount MN

I was out yesterday to set up a stand for my son , this will be his first year hunting. The spot I normally set up at already has three scrapes around it. It caught me by suprise but it sure pumped me up. I am excited for him.

j_d
    Warroad, MN

IN hudson I have already seen many deer rubs and I also noticed a fresh scape near my stand by a large field. Up here in brainerd I have seen no buck sign anywhere.

j_d
    Warroad, MN

IN hudson I have already seen many deer rubs and I also noticed a fresh scape near my stand by a large field. Up here in brainerd I have seen no buck sign anywhere.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

My wife and I were out walking at Kinni State Park last night, watched 3 small bucks and 1 nice 8-pointer spar out in an open field. Won’t be long!!

Bird
    River Falls, WI

My wife and I were out walking at Kinni State Park last night, watched 3 small bucks and 1 nice 8-pointer spar out in an open field. Won’t be long!!

flick
    Alma WI

We were seeing scrapes here opening weekend…..Got one on film goin through all the motions..

flick
    Alma WI

We were seeing scrapes here opening weekend…..Got one on film goin through all the motions..

bassguy
    MANKATO

I’VE SEEN SOME NICE SIZED RUBS AND SCRAPES IN WHITEWATER WMA AND LAST WEEK, SEEN TWO SMALL BUCKS TANGLING IN RIVER BOTTOM SOUTH OF MANKATO.

bassguy
    MANKATO

I’VE SEEN SOME NICE SIZED RUBS AND SCRAPES IN WHITEWATER WMA AND LAST WEEK, SEEN TWO SMALL BUCKS TANGLING IN RIVER BOTTOM SOUTH OF MANKATO.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

bow seasons here boys, sharpen thise tips

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

bow seasons here boys, sharpen thise tips

newt
    Pillager, MN

Well it sounds like things are starting to happen. Does anybody else make scrapes near their stands? I have done this for years and have had many deer stop by to check it out.

newt
    Pillager, MN

Well it sounds like things are starting to happen. Does anybody else make scrapes near their stands? I have done this for years and have had many deer stop by to check it out.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Ya i do Newt, I cut the tarsal glads from the rear calves of any buck, roadkill, friend that dosen’t want his or where ever and rub this plus some tinks buck attractant in the mock scape and pretty soon i see licking branches being made right over the scrape, works for me. Doe’s sometimes check them out too. I’ve found that ratteling from the ground near a fresh scrape works too.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Ya i do Newt, I cut the tarsal glads from the rear calves of any buck, roadkill, friend that dosen’t want his or where ever and rub this plus some tinks buck attractant in the mock scape and pretty soon i see licking branches being made right over the scrape, works for me. Doe’s sometimes check them out too. I’ve found that ratteling from the ground near a fresh scrape works too.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I counted 11 scrapes on field edges last night. These are just typical mock scrapes. I saw two new rubs that have happened in the last 2 days. I don’t get to excited about mock scrapes, I want to see the real ones in the woods before I get excited.

I am still scouting and haven’t been in the tree yet. I will start buck hunting around October 25th. I have one quality buck that I have been hunting for 3 years now, he is smart. Hopefully this is the year!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

I counted 11 scrapes on field edges last night. These are just typical mock scrapes. I saw two new rubs that have happened in the last 2 days. I don’t get to excited about mock scrapes, I want to see the real ones in the woods before I get excited.

I am still scouting and haven’t been in the tree yet. I will start buck hunting around October 25th. I have one quality buck that I have been hunting for 3 years now, he is smart. Hopefully this is the year!!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I know what you mean scott. The ones i’ve seen you can tell they always have thier radar on. The best i can think of and what i would do, is find his bedding area and try a route going from and too it. The key words to me is don’t go in to his bedding area. If thiers any alfalfa around, next to thick cover, they feed on it this time of year after the corn dries out. The alfalas still green and tasty. Hope you get him

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I know what you mean scott. The ones i’ve seen you can tell they always have thier radar on. The best i can think of and what i would do, is find his bedding area and try a route going from and too it. The key words to me is don’t go in to his bedding area. If thiers any alfalfa around, next to thick cover, they feed on it this time of year after the corn dries out. The alfalas still green and tasty. Hope you get him

scottsteil
    Central MN

I got bored this weekend after pheasant hunting all day I decided to crawl into a tree stand. I ended up seeing 5 deer, all were heading from bedding to feeding. I may move to the feild edge this week and see if I can Harvest a doe. The freezer has been empty for several months now. Anyone seeing any bucks getting aggressive yet?

scottsteil
    Central MN

I got bored this weekend after pheasant hunting all day I decided to crawl into a tree stand. I ended up seeing 5 deer, all were heading from bedding to feeding. I may move to the feild edge this week and see if I can Harvest a doe. The freezer has been empty for several months now. Anyone seeing any bucks getting aggressive yet?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hey Scott, i haven’t been out checking yet this year because im familiar with the areas i hunt. I know thier active though. I just talked to my neighbor who’s a deputy for the sherrifs dept and hes seen a rise in the accidents the last three weeks from bucks pushing the does. I do a little scouting to see whats going on but I don’t get real serious until later in the month too and I prefer a little snow on the ground plus cooler temperatures too. I hope when it finially cools down thats it not back and forth with the temps alot so we get a more condensed rut. I know why your probably going the 25th, the dark of the moon is good. I know the light in the october and november new moons put a doe into heat because of her body chemistry being triggered by the amount of light, or lack of, that enters hers eyes and the recepticals at the rear of her eyes trigger her. I hunt the dark of the moon too both months and december too if i haven’t filled my tag.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.