What type of Bow do you use?

• splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I was shooting a 10 year old bow that worked fine for me until midpoint this summer when one of the limbs split. I cannot get a replacement because the company was bought out by a larger company. They stopped carying parts for my old brand of bow. ….So I went out and splurged on the new Mathew’s-LX. This is my 5th bow over 25 years – and most likely, my last. It better be as good as they say….. So far, I really like shooting it. It does do everything they say too. Now lets see if it works on real game.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

I’ve been shooting a Martin Firecat for the past 10 years, fast bow but hard to keep tuned and a little on the heavy side. Probably will buy a Mathews within the next couple years unless something better comes out.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

I’ve been shooting a Martin Firecat for the past 10 years, fast bow but hard to keep tuned and a little on the heavy side. Probably will buy a Mathews within the next couple years unless something better comes out.

DRizzzle
    Hudson, Iowa, USA

i shoot a mathews mq1 with 27″ pse carbons. really really like this bow. its got two deer under its belt so im happy with it.

DRizzzle
    Hudson, Iowa, USA

i shoot a mathews mq1 with 27″ pse carbons. really really like this bow. its got two deer under its belt so im happy with it.

pikekiller01

It’s only my first year bowhunting, but I shoot a PSE Nova and I’m stickin’ with it

pikekiller01

It’s only my first year bowhunting, but I shoot a PSE Nova and I’m stickin’ with it

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Last year I dropped the Matthews Feather Light for a Diamond Machete. These new bows are compact, fast, and quiet. What I liked from this bow over the Matthews was the tuning. For a fast bow shooting carbons I could dial this one in much quicker than I could the Matthews. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For the record, I am not slamming Matthews

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Last year I dropped the Matthews Feather Light for a Diamond Machete. These new bows are compact, fast, and quiet. What I liked from this bow over the Matthews was the tuning. For a fast bow shooting carbons I could dial this one in much quicker than I could the Matthews. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For the record, I am not slamming Matthews

Wadsworth

I shoot a recurve, should be getting my Custom Mahaska recurve very soon, used to shoot a Hoyt Powertec II, probably the fastest bow Hoyt ever made, loved it, but I never could get over how a stickbow just felt “right”. Only thing is, I have to shoot every day to stay consistent, but practice enough, and you can kill any animal that walks the earth with it.

Wadsworth

I shoot a recurve, should be getting my Custom Mahaska recurve very soon, used to shoot a Hoyt Powertec II, probably the fastest bow Hoyt ever made, loved it, but I never could get over how a stickbow just felt “right”. Only thing is, I have to shoot every day to stay consistent, but practice enough, and you can kill any animal that walks the earth with it.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I’ve shot a high country for the past 5 years. Just bought a Hoyt Ultramag cam and 1/2. Haven’t flung enough arrows through it to make a fair accessement, but so far so good.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I’ve shot a high country for the past 5 years. Just bought a Hoyt Ultramag cam and 1/2. Haven’t flung enough arrows through it to make a fair accessement, but so far so good.

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I shoot a Hoyt Ultra Tec. Have always shot hoyt. I love it!!!

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I shoot a Hoyt Ultra Tec. Have always shot hoyt. I love it!!!

Bird
    River Falls, WI

This past season the limbs on my 12 year old Martin split….so I shot a few bows including Mathews LX and Hoyt and ended up with the new AR-34 bow…probably should of got the AR-37 for a little more speed.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

This past season the limbs on my 12 year old Martin split….so I shot a few bows including Mathews LX and Hoyt and ended up with the new AR-34 bow…probably should of got the AR-37 for a little more speed.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Matthews Legacy. WOW What a bow. I use to shoot PSE, they are Great Bows for the $. Can’t complain about the Matthews, spendy but believe me well worth it if “THE ONE” decides to show up. Late Last Fall HE did! 168 6/8″ 5×5. Still Grinning I think!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Matthews Legacy. WOW What a bow. I use to shoot PSE, they are Great Bows for the $. Can’t complain about the Matthews, spendy but believe me well worth it if “THE ONE” decides to show up. Late Last Fall HE did! 168 6/8″ 5×5. Still Grinning I think!

kizew
    Dallas, WI

I have been shooting a Matthews since 1998 – that year I bought and MQ1 and shot it until last spring when I bought a Legacy – I kept the MQ1 for a back-up however. I love the Legacy – have a Quik-tune 2000 fall away rest on it and it is amazingly consistent. I believe one of the most important attributes of bowhunting that a hunter can have is confidence, and when I release and arrow, I know the animal is dead. The price one has to pay is not monetary, but practice.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

I have been shooting a Matthews since 1998 – that year I bought and MQ1 and shot it until last spring when I bought a Legacy – I kept the MQ1 for a back-up however. I love the Legacy – have a Quik-tune 2000 fall away rest on it and it is amazingly consistent. I believe one of the most important attributes of bowhunting that a hunter can have is confidence, and when I release and arrow, I know the animal is dead. The price one has to pay is not monetary, but practice.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

I shoot about a 8 year old one-cam PSE don’t know the name,biscuit on it,looking for new carbons gold tip,vapor or radical weave and either 100 muzzy 4 blade or rocky moutain snypers.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

I shoot about a 8 year old one-cam PSE don’t know the name,biscuit on it,looking for new carbons gold tip,vapor or radical weave and either 100 muzzy 4 blade or rocky moutain snypers.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

I shoot a Browning Mirage SX with carbon arrows threw a whisker buiscuit using a cosmic sight and steel head 125 heads, makes a great combination

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

I shoot a Browning Mirage SX with carbon arrows threw a whisker buiscuit using a cosmic sight and steel head 125 heads, makes a great combination

jeff_hansen

Archery Research AR34 – Trophy Ridge Flatliner sight, Trophy Ridge Dropzone – Carbon Impact XLT Fatshafts and 100 gr. Muzzy’s… I think I heard a twig snap?

jeff_hansen

Archery Research AR34 – Trophy Ridge Flatliner sight, Trophy Ridge Dropzone – Carbon Impact XLT Fatshafts and 100 gr. Muzzy’s… I think I heard a twig snap?

buckmaster

Alpine Silverado Lite ……known as deadly..oh that is me who they call deadly.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.