What type of Bow do you use?

• hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Just curious as to what people use, I use an older Matthews Bow with 80% let-off due to a bad shoulder. How bout the rest of you?

eyenutz
    muscoda,wi.

i use a mathews z-max!

eyenutz
    muscoda,wi.

i use a mathews z-max!

bucketmouth1

I use a Mathews SQ2. Very happy with this bow.

bucketmouth1

I use a Mathews SQ2. Very happy with this bow.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Golden Eagle Predator with 60% letoff.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Golden Eagle Predator with 60% letoff.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I shoot a Darton Mavrick, 60% letoff at 70 pounds. I use 270 gr. 2110’s, a bit over splined but they pack a punch and are fast At a 28″ with an overdraw. Shoots at 270′. This bow had the straightest knock travel on the market 5 years ago. When im on the bows on. Consistent 5 arrow groups in a 50 cent piece at twenty yrds. When i was on i could get too about 260 out of a 300 point round on 5 spots.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I shoot a Darton Mavrick, 60% letoff at 70 pounds. I use 270 gr. 2110’s, a bit over splined but they pack a punch and are fast At a 28″ with an overdraw. Shoots at 270′. This bow had the straightest knock travel on the market 5 years ago. When im on the bows on. Consistent 5 arrow groups in a 50 cent piece at twenty yrds. When i was on i could get too about 260 out of a 300 point round on 5 spots.

flick
    Alma WI

I shoot a Hoyt Intruder…very fast an very quiet…..Like the say..Get Serious .Get Hoyt…..I wont shot anything but a Hoyt

flick
    Alma WI

I shoot a Hoyt Intruder…very fast an very quiet…..Like the say..Get Serious .Get Hoyt…..I wont shot anything but a Hoyt

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i shoot a PSE. I like it, i use easton arrows with 120 grain broadhead. i like it, another freebee.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i shoot a PSE. I like it, i use easton arrows with 120 grain broadhead. i like it, another freebee.

shane

Jira

I run a Buckmaster G2… with carbons. I tried the Hoyt’s, PSE’s, and some other Jennings and I couldn’t find better bang for the buck. The bow runs about $500 and shoots like you paid $750. I also would recommend the new Cobra 5 pin sight (extremely bright).

Jira

I run a Buckmaster G2… with carbons. I tried the Hoyt’s, PSE’s, and some other Jennings and I couldn’t find better bang for the buck. The bow runs about $500 and shoots like you paid $750. I also would recommend the new Cobra 5 pin sight (extremely bright).

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I shoot a Matthews Feather with carbon arrows, fast and flat.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I shoot a Matthews Feather with carbon arrows, fast and flat.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Just this year I bought a Bowtech Blackhawk. I also own a Mathews Zmax and an older Mcpherson. This year I am hunting with the Blackhawk.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Just this year I bought a Bowtech Blackhawk. I also own a Mathews Zmax and an older Mcpherson. This year I am hunting with the Blackhawk.

Gator Hunter

bassguy
    MANKATO

I SHOOT A MATHEW’S FX 50-60. I CRANK THE LIMBS ALL THE WAY DOWN AND SHOOT 62# DRAW WEIGHT. 29 INCH CARBON EXPRESS TERMINATOR HUNTERS WITH 85 GRAIN THUNDERHEADS.

bassguy
    MANKATO

I SHOOT A MATHEW’S FX 50-60. I CRANK THE LIMBS ALL THE WAY DOWN AND SHOOT 62# DRAW WEIGHT. 29 INCH CARBON EXPRESS TERMINATOR HUNTERS WITH 85 GRAIN THUNDERHEADS.

jeffsedlmayr
    Wisconsin

I shoot a matthews mq1, just got this bow and i am very satisfied with it. Very light clean sounding fast bow.

jeffsedlmayr
    Wisconsin

I shoot a matthews mq1, just got this bow and i am very satisfied with it. Very light clean sounding fast bow.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Guess I’m too cheap to upgrade…Still shooting a Bear Whitetail from 1973 with my fingers. Works for me!!

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Guess I’m too cheap to upgrade…Still shooting a Bear Whitetail from 1973 with my fingers. Works for me!!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Hey, it has nothing to do with price, or being frugal, it’s more with the draw weight and let-off for me. When my shoulders are feeling good I still like to shoot my old recurve or my old Jennings forked lightning, my first compound, it’s just to hard to hold for long periods of time. The older bows only had 30-35% let-off. My shoulders just threw to many throws in the baseball and softball days and are hamburger now adays.
    At least I can still think young, until my body tells me otherwise. I think many can relate, it’s like looking at putting my tree stand up, 25 ft. in the air, reminds me why I like those tall straight tree I can use the climbing stand on. Not as good at climbing trees as I once was either! I know someday my nephew (he’s just turned 12) will grow into my old equipment and it will get used again

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Hey, it has nothing to do with price, or being frugal, it’s more with the draw weight and let-off for me. When my shoulders are feeling good I still like to shoot my old recurve or my old Jennings forked lightning, my first compound, it’s just to hard to hold for long periods of time. The older bows only had 30-35% let-off. My shoulders just threw to many throws in the baseball and softball days and are hamburger now adays.
    At least I can still think young, until my body tells me otherwise. I think many can relate, it’s like looking at putting my tree stand up, 25 ft. in the air, reminds me why I like those tall straight tree I can use the climbing stand on. Not as good at climbing trees as I once was either! I know someday my nephew (he’s just turned 12) will grow into my old equipment and it will get used again

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I know the feeling Hooks….I have had many, many bows over the years and currently am shooting a new Oneida Black Eagle w carbon limbs. Smooooth , fast and deadly.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I know the feeling Hooks….I have had many, many bows over the years and currently am shooting a new Oneida Black Eagle w carbon limbs. Smooooth , fast and deadly.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I was shooting a 10 year old bow that worked fine for me until midpoint this summer when one of the limbs split. I cannot get a replacement because the company was bought out by a larger company. They stopped carying parts for my old brand of bow. ….So I went out and splurged on the new Mathew’s-LX. This is my 5th bow over 25 years – and most likely, my last. It better be as good as they say….. So far, I really like shooting it. It does do everything they say too. Now lets see if it works on real game.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.