He Did

• Scott Mueller
    Coon Rapids, MN

not return at least during hunting hrs. I hunted morning and night from 10-7 through 10-13 without much success, i normally wouldn’t of hunted that hard but with the weather conditions we had it was hard not to. passed up 1 small 8 ptr. a couple of does and fawns I didn’t see a deer until fri pm and that was at 5:45 5 min later a get a text from a friend sitting in another stand of mine that he’d just shot a doe, that deer i saw came back and walked right in front of me it was a small 8 that i let waik never saw another the rest of the night, a couple of mornings i could hear deer walking but couldn’t see em, sat pm i sat in a stand that i hung the previuos week (in the rain) 20 min before it was dark i caught movement 40 yrds. away and saw 2 deer walking i grunted with my mouth to see if they would stop so i could get a look at them by the time they stopped i could make out the rack on the 2nd one and it was a decent 8 the first deer stopped where i could only see the back half of his body that deers body was huge compared to the buck i was glassing after 10 min they just kept on walking, the next night i returned to the same stand and some buck had the balls to walk right under my stand and make a scrape 10 yards away from it although i didn’t see a deer that night it was a good sign this stand is on a huge rub line from last year can’t wait to see what happens,
    the morning we got the snow i could see a buck making a scrape but it was still dark and couldn’t tell how big he was at 6:50 am a doe and 2 fawns walked right through my shooting lane were the big boy was suppossed to be i sat in my stand until 10 that morn expecting to see more but it didn’t happen had a couple of encounters with does but that was about it

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Keep at it, the best is yet to come. Anything can happen during the rut.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Keep after him! Jigs right the best is right around the corner! Thanks for sharing.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for sharing your hunts with us Outdraft! Stay on him! You are very close and if you do not get busted, you will most likely end up having an encounter with him.

Best of luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.