Monster 7 pointer Video Encounter

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Here is an encounter from this morning with a buck that after I thought about it, I had an encounter with the same buck about 355 days ago. Last year he was a MONSTER 8 pointer I had encountered and filmed that encounter if you remember. This year, this old boy is a giant 7 pointer with tall G2’s and that is about it. I’m guessing he is 7-8 years old. He chased off a decent 8 pointer and that is the reason he is all worked up running around. I’m starting to learn the ropes of this editing feature and again this was filmed free hand as I left my ratchet strap in my rifle bin.

CLICK HERE TO VEIW THE ENCOUNTER

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I need to down load some better music.

That was all I had for music samples on my work computer. I’m just playing around with this whole editing thing and trying different stuff. Not spending a bunch of time on it just trying to get my feet wet in case I get footage of a harvest.

Do you guys like the video clips???

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

And when do you need me to come shoot him since he’s not big enough for you??

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

thats a really nice 7!!! i love the music 7-8 y/o, why didn’t you shoot?? Either way, i liked it nice job

ses
    Mayer, MN

Not bad……..Keep up the good work. Might want to get those genes out of the pool this year. He looks to be on his down swing.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

CLICK HERE to see my encounter last year with this ol boy!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Rob:

Do you consider him “a Shooter”?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Your videoing is good Rob, I enjoy watching them, no need to change. Just don’t change to pirate music lol with your videos, can I suggest the green acres theme for your videos lol, keep them coming, cool videos!

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Nice video Rob. Looks like a shooter!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Guys!

Moss Boss realizing who he is now and that he is indeed a mature ol’ boy. Yes, I would probably consider him a shooter. I just never put two and two together until after. He does not make it on inches, but that is one ol warrior that has been around the block a few times.

He was quite a bit bigger last year.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Dang! I would have shot him myself. Better man than I

Besox

Ripper-

Are you using Vista with that editing software?

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Very cool Lip, but you do need some new music.

Question for you.

Are you holding the camera while shooting these vids or do you have something mounted on your bow or stand?

After sitting for the last 3 days, looking at all the gear a guy brings with (bow, quiver, calls, water, extra gloves etc..) What kind of pack are using to pack in and out of the stand? I’ve got a back pack with a couple of different compartments, but I’m not all that thrilled with it.

Jami

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Primos Bow vest $50 and it is a great product!!! Ive been wearing it for 4 years and haven’t gone in the woods w/o it Holds my grunt call, wind checker, can call, release, range finder, head lamp, rattle bag, tags, water, scents, etc. I highly recommend one

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great video Lip!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

BESOX, I received a disk that when I bought my Sony. I download it down through that. I then need to convert the file and then import it to Move Maker which was a software that I had on my work computer. I then use that to do a tiny bit of editing (Title cut scenes, etc.). I then save it and download it to You Tube. I’m currently looking at a few other software’s, but have not chose anything yet.

Jami, It is a huge production when I go into the woods. Most of the time I try to use a camera /tree arm. I invested in a GO Muddy camera arm and could not be more happy with it. I teamed that up with a Fluid Head and when I do use them there is a huge difference in film quality (no shaking, etc.).

CLICK HERE to see the GO MUDDY camera arm I use. If you are serious about filming hunts this is a must. You can spend more money than this, but for the price this does an excellent job. I tried 3 of the $40-100 tree arms and they just do not even compare to the Go Muddy and pretty much a waste of money IMO. The GO Muddy has 2 different leveling mechanisms that really make things easy and make for better footage. GO Muddy also has a sweet ladder stand and a pretty good safety harness on their site. I used to hold the camera but that is hard to do and get good footage when of a good buck is approaching that you want to shoot. I’ve just got a normal pack and I carry the camera arm and my bow in the other hand. It is a lot of weight to carry throw in camera extra batteries, still camera, clothes, etc. and not to mention this time of year a decoy

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Thanks Pro!

I’ll have to give it a look.

Jami

ahaas77

That is a very nice buck Lip. I’ve done some videos and some editing. Its a lot of fun! I will post a few when I get a chance. OK is it deer hunting time yet? LOL

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I would love to see them b4hawk!

Also Jami, check out the Bad Land Back Packs!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks BP

DanSchafer
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I can guarantee you I woulda smoked him! I want to kill a big 6 bad!

Now…the music….

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I can guarantee you I woulda smoked him! I want to kill a big 6 bad!

I think you already killed a 6 pack at the MN Deer Classic…

DanSchafer
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Actually, it was a 5 pack….6 is over my limit!

Plus, that Meyer is a baaaaaaad influence!

DugMer

Why do I get brought into the “bad” end of the stories????

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Schafer told me you were the START of the bad stories.

kentuckyboy
    Maple Grove, MN

Nice clip, my trigger finger was getting’ itchy just watching that. I don’t know how you can keep recording and not figure out how to get a shot off at the old boy.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.