23 pointer in La Cresent Mn video

• putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

Link to Hunter Bags 23-Point Buck (10/27/08).

link

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks for the link!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

If he scores 223 6/8ths how does he score with the world record, anybody know?

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I can’t believe such an animal won’t get a head mount! I couldn’t imagine seeing a deer like that near my stand in the wild. How awesome that must be.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Not sure what you mean Riveratt and where did you hear that he wasn’t getting a head mount? Is it the picture of the rack in the article? If so, that is standard to saw through the buck’s skull plate and then it’s attached to a form.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Well I’ll be danged! See when you hunt where I do it is awful rare to see someone with a headmount you just assume they don’t cut the horns off the skull. Thanks for the “set me straight”.

semn
    Southeast, MN

Quote:

If he scores 223 6/8ths how does he score with the world record, anybody know?

That is a net Non Typical score. The world record Non typical is the Tony Lovstuen buck from Iowa which scored 307 5/8.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thanks I didn’t know he was a non typical, working alot of hours lately. I just pulled the picture back up and its obvious its a non typical.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors SEMN!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.