Deer map is out for 2020!

• ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Not happy 171 is hunters choice. I’m guessing it’s because it borders a CWD area. Would like to see it go lotto for a few years.

blackbay
    mn

They split the area we hunt, 108, into 107 and 109. The last few years we had 100 anterless permits in area 108. We are now in 109, and there are 25 permits up for grabs. Looks like I have a better chance at the Powerball than getting an antlerless permit. LOL doah

Tom schmitt

Great, my area went to the metro cwd zone.
    Unlimited antlerless.
    Like the highways didn’t thin the herd enough.
    I just love how every cwd outbreak is within 3 miles of a deer farm.
    Oh wait that couldn’t be the cause.

Snap

Thanks!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not happy 171 is hunters choice. I’m guessing it’s because it borders a CWD area. Would like to see it go lotto for a few years.

It was a hunter’s choice for the last several years too. I hunt in this zone for 3 days on opening weekend.

Great Laker

Can someone confirm whether or not you can apply for a lottery online? I don’t believe you can, I think it has to be done in person but wasn’t able to verify that on the MN DNR website.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Clowncolor wrote:</div>

It was a hunter’s choice for the last several years too. I hunt in this zone for 3 days on opening weekend.

Yes, I know. I’ve been hunting it for quite a while. I’d say mid 2000’s until a few years ago, the deer population was managed pretty descent but within The last 2 years, the deer population has really taken a hit. would love to see some love for the does to help this out.

What part of 171 you hunt?

tornadochaser

Can someone confirm whether or not you can apply for a lottery online? I don’t believe you can, I think it has to be done in person but wasn’t able to verify that on the MN DNR website.

pretty sure you can when you buy your deer licenses on line, but I just logged in, big game licenses are not up yet.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What part of 171 you hunt?

In the Chippewa National Forest near Remer. My party has been hunting that area since the 1950’s. I personally have been hunting it since 1995.

I don’t hear nearly as much shooting as I used to. I’m pretty far off the beaten path so I normally would not see much human activity anyways, but even on the main road I don’t see as many hunters.

Great Laker

pretty sure you can when you buy your deer licenses on line, but I just logged in, big game licenses are not up yet.

I know you can buy your license online, I just wasn’t sure if you are able to enter a lottery online at the same time thru the website. I thought you couldn’t but am not 100% sure.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Whole lot of intensive and 3 deer zones! Unfortunately we are Lottery again in 259, but it’s 3 deer across the street…thankfully I bow hunt and hunt a lot of different zones.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Lots of lottery zones now… On a side note I was refreshing myself on the regs and never knew hanging trail cams “unattended” was not allowed in WMAs. Learn something new everyday.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Nice that the antler point restrictions have been lifted state-wide.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.