Deep and Wide Models: – Lund, Alumacraft, Crestliner, etc.

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Looking for older (80’s-90’s) 14′ or 16′ tiller “rowboat” style boat for pannies and fishing with the grandkids. Often hear the term “deep and wide” which is what I’m looking for.

What are my best boat model options for Lund, Alumacraft, Crestliner, Smokercraft, etc.? Interesting that most boats listed on Facebook/Craigslist, etc. don’t include the model number and the owner can’t find it on the Coast Guard sticker.

Appreciate the help.

Pete

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’m not sure you are going to find a real deep option in the row boat style.

I had a mid 80’s Crestliner…I’ll try and find a pic or remember the model. It was very wide but not real deep. Pretty great for local lakes with a 25hp tiller though. 16’ boat.

I assume you want stability with young kids so I’d be more focused on the width. You can google spec sheets as a start. Lund had all of their models back to the 70’s online with all the specs. Might be a good starting point.

Could look at a new Starcraft through The Boat Center depending on budget. Quality and likely what you are looking for at a good price point.

dirtywater

Agree that I’m not sure that “deep and wide” really describes any of the boats with oar locks from that era, we’ve all gotten spoiled by a more modern definition of deep. But I’d think a 16 foot Lund Alaskan or
    SSV or Laker would fit the bill if you could find one.

catmando
    wis

Not a rowboat, but the Lunker 14 ft SS was a heck of a boat, wide and deep mine was 1982.

James Almquist

A good boat would be any S-14 or S-16 Lund. They are the deep and wide models compared to the C-14/16 Lunds.

Sparklesonthewater
    Grinnell, Ia

We had a extra deep and extra wide flatbottom 16ft alumacraft. Out of the boats we had that one is my favorite, very stable and enough room across the bow so when fishing was slow I could lay across it and take a nap.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Take a look at the lund ws-16 . Had one think it was a 1983 nice and deep and wide

Deuces

I’ll see if my dad is thinking of selling his still. Exactly what you describe, he gutted it last year for a covid project and redid it, put a nice used 4 stroke merc on it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.