Handheld VHF Radio by Standard Horizon

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I have just marked down the Standard Horizon HX260S , now priced at $110 with free shipping. This radio was priced over $200 when it was originally released. This is a good handheld VHF radio at a very good price. Standard Horizon is a top seller in VHF radios, a darn good company with a solid history. To top it off, the Batteries & Charger are included. Nice deal!

Jira

Wow — this is a really good deal compared to what I have seen these units at!

I do have a few question for you…

If you were going to outfit a cabin with a VHF radio to communicate with boats on a 500 acre lake would you go with a handheld or a fixed mount? Can you get external antennas for handhelds? Can you just leave them on the charger when not in use?

Thanks for any advice!

JJ

Jira

If you were going to outfit a cabin with a VHF radio to communicate with boats on a 500 acre lake would you go with a handheld or a fixed mount? Can you get external antennas for handhelds? Can you just leave them on the charger when not in use?

Thanks for any advice!

JJ

Jira

Thanks for any advice!

JJ

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

JJ – On a 500 acre lake you would be okay with a Handheld unit most likely. I have never heard of any external antenna for handhelds, not to my knowledge anyway…

Thanks for the questions.

– Wade

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

JJ – On a 500 acre lake you would be okay with a Handheld unit most likely. I have never heard of any external antenna for handhelds, not to my knowledge anyway…

– Wade

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

– Wade

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.