Day for the ages.

• Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Decided to give the Chetek chain a rest and try my favorite big crappie lake for the first time this season. While the big crappies didnt show up tonight, the day turned out to be an unsuspected surprise. From 10 am to 4 pm it seemed like every hole drilled out on the basin showed the bottom half of the column filled with fish. I have no idea how many I caught today but it had to be over 200 conservatively. Mostly bluegills and a few perch/crappie. No true giants and only a dozen eating sized but it was still a blast catching and marking so many fish!! The pink/white VMC tingler spoon with a waxie is quickly becoming my go to since I started using it the last few outings!!

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

Good deal! I got skunked ALL weekend goin after eyes. What size tingler spoon you use for the perch and gills? The smallest prolly? Sure is fun when the fish cooperate!

-Nate

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

1/16 :), never ceases to amaze me how even some small fish still inhale it. Would have been a real annoying day to use a small tungsten jig haha. Think I need to go after some eyes soon!!!!

Bryan Myers

Did you have about the same ice conditions as chetek? I’m hopping I can get out to my favorite lake this next weekend, as long as we start getting some cooler temps I should be able to get to where I want to get.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.