BONUS BIRD!!!

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Wow, what an exciting day of hunting .

Finally had the chance to get out crow hunting this afternoon. We set up in our first spot with not much luck. One bird came in, but stayed high and out of range .

So we went to our second spot which was near a corn feild on the edge of a wood lot. We set up our 3 crow silos and owl deke, cranked up the crow and owl fight tape and waited. After about two mintues I spoted something coming in low through the trees. I immediatly could tell it was too big to be a crow, and as it got a bit closer I realized it was an OWL !!! At that point I started shaking in excitment……I had never had the opportunity to harvest an owl before, and this one was coming RIGHT IN!!!

I pointed it out to my buddy and we got situated for the shot. It ended up swinging wide out of the woods, but still came right to the dekes. My buddy took the first shot…….Clean miss …….but flared it up and over me at about 30yds……I made a solid hit with my lead #6’s and dropped him!!! We were so pumped as we ran over to pick up our prize ……..my first Great Horned Owl…..and a beast at that.

Man was that fun……I think I’m still shaking …..I’m hoping to save up enough $$$ to get him mounted

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.