St. Croix Report for 9/20

• BShimp
    Hudson, WI

Fished WI side Kinny to Mississippi. Caught variety of fish using lindy rig w/ fathead. Also tried crawlers but only had a few bites.

Smallmouth, perch, white bass, catfish and walleyes (2 small ones)made the mixed bag. Best catch was a seagull! I was casting a skiktter pop to fish chasing minnows. Next thing is saw was a gull dive bomb my lure. I hooked him right in the beak. Wing span was 24″ with a plump girth. Propably weighed 3 lbs. I was using 10 lb test so I don’t think I’ll set any line test records. I got the bird to the boat and cut the hooks out. The gull flew away unharmed. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

stuart
    Mn.

The same thing happened to my brother same day down on pepen about 8am.was released unharmed.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

A few years ago, I was in a park in CA. The fella was fishing from a wheel chair. I didn’t see how the duck (I’m guessing) got tangle in the line. But it spooled the fellow.

eleclady

Fly fishing some years ago, I once got a bird caught in my line while casting. The bird survived.

Eleclady

thumperw
    White Bear Lake, MN

Yep. Casting for pike this spring on Christmas lake I bounced a 1.5oz Daredevel off the noggin of a muskrat that just happened to surface at the wrong place at the wrong time. He got a standing 8-count: it took him about 10 seconds before the stars cleared enough for him to hightail it outta there.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I once snagged a beaver while leadcore trolling. I’m sorry to say, I lost that battle. He peeled all the line off my reel.

Gator Hunter

JBUSCH
    Hastings,MN

Never hooked one but I did have one fly into my golf ball
    last year coming off the tee.He never felt a thing.I did feel real bad though there was a party of six ladies behind us also waiting to tee off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.