MUSKIE OUTLOOK?

• POWERBAIT
    WOODBURY-MN

I want to try some muskie fishing this weekend since there are no waterfowl left in ND and was just wondering if someone with some knowledge would be willing to share bait recommendations and patterns this time of year on the St.Croix. Also looking for general locations to start from. Thank you to all in advance.

mike t
    St Paul, MN

Powerbait:

I’d try to find the remaining green weeds and or bait. I fished hard for them last weekend, primarily trolling with no results. Caught my last fish in early october and have not been able to pattern them since. If you troll, steep breaklines, pronounced points, the power plant etc. If it were me, I’d pull BIG jakes, grandma’s etc etc. no harm in dragging big suckers around, if you can find them that is.

Mike T

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’d agree with those general locations. From the old Barge Pilings down past Clydes Harbor entrance. I stumble into a “Ski” now and then trolling for walleyes on those spots.

I have also picked off a few smaller musky casting for walleye in the power plant discharge.

Mike T, is the discharge putting out a good flow of warm water right now? Was thinking of walking down there and doing a little casting one night soon. November is usually a good time as long as the plant is not shut down for maint.

Thanks,
    J.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.