Franconia

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone been out in this area lately. I have been hitting pool 2 for the last couple weeks but am getting hungry for some fish so might try to get back over here this weekend. Rivereyes, Is the river up again. Wondering if I can launch at Osceola with out getting the rig stuck in the sand.
    Good luck fishing

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Id say its up for sure!….. took this pic yesterday while standing on the Bridge at Taylors Falls….. shes runing through there pretty hard right now…..
    (see attached)

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

That is fit for framing !!

Awsome pic RiverEyes

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yep. That looks like its up there. Looks like good fishing there also. Thought I saw a big eye in that picture.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Hey EC!… well its easy to take a decent pic of breath taking scenery… this area of the croix up here is picturesque beyond belief….. the area you see there is known as the Dalles…. Interstate park is found on both banks… on the Minn side is found the “potholes”… natural rock formations that have been pitted out by centuries of water moving rocks… this area is solid bed rock known as “trap rock”….. and yes there IS some good fishing down that “chute”… there is some pretty deep water right there.. over 30′ deep…. that white water you see is NOT the fastest water in the area….. the dam is just a short ways up river but its practically unnavigable…. there are a lot of springs flowing into the croix above the bridge.. and some really big northerns hang out there during the summer….
    heres another cool spot up here… its called Cascade falls and is found in Osceola (right across from the Dairy Queen)… this creek flows in just above the Osceola bridge…..

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’ve gotta come up and see these some time !! .

thanks man !!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I guess I was wrong about the eye in the picture. Put the boat in at Fronconia and W O’Brian and found very few fish. Lots of leaves and grass. It should be hopping once the river clears up.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

OK.. well here is another pic from interstate park….. this area is somewhat less than ugly.. as the attached might show….. there are TONS of scenic spots here……

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice !!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.