Shore bite still going!

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Got a report in from a good friend today that went to the Mallelieu/St. Croix dam this evening and found carp, sheephead, and LOTS of smallies still biting on crawlers from the rocky shoreline. I know that fall can be some of the best fishing found but I’ve seen that area of the river get real quiet by September’s arrival…………..reason unknown. Maybe it’s because the water is up………….unsure…………..but none the less, they weren’t bored!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Where is that at? Must be way up north somewhere.
    The bight isnt to bad down here either. Was out by the apple again last night and picked up about a dozen eyes in a hour. 4 legals. Trolling cranks and crawlers on spinners at the same time. I dont think they where to picky on what they wanted.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

It’s right in Hudson, where Lake Malleleiu dumps into the St. Croix. That dam gets “cold” every year by Labor Day weekend………..don’t know why. I’ve fished it for years and watched many give up on it because “goose eggs” is the typical result there in the fall. Get in a boat and it’s a different story.

fishhunter
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Mike W.

Where are you launching to get down to the Apple? In my mind that place is not fished very hard and can be a great area to get to. Personally I have not found a great way to get there, so I have never headed that way before. I would like to give it a try if it isn’t that hard to navigate through the arcola sand bar.

Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have been putting in at W. O Brian Park. $ bucks but it is a nice landing. Its a little run down there but it seems to be worth it. With the high water its pretty easy to navigate also. I am new to this area so I dont know what it will be like when the water goes down. The river does seem to run a little deeper down here compaired to Osceola.

I have not seen many fisherman out there either. A few go by but never any company on the spots I fish.

Good luck fishing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.