Fishing Update 8/26

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Went out last night north of Prescot. I got out late so their was only time to work one spot. Was able to consisitenly pick up small walleyes and a few saugers lead lining in 20′. Swithced to jig and minnow and dept catching small ones. I must be out of practice or something because I never got robbed so much in my life. I had a hel of a time hooking biters. Went through alot of minnows in a short time. The sheep were hitting too as well as a couple smallies. Right at the end of the night the silvers were very active so I casted a shad type plug and very easily caught several nice ones. Sometimes 2-3 casts in a row would produce fish. Pretty good couple of hours on the river. How are some of you other non-pro’s doing out there?

eleclady

This non pro only goes out on weekday evenings, too much boat traffic for me on the weekends. I have been finding the silver bass to be feeding on several occations & most of a nice fun-to-catch size. Caught a nice smallmouth from shore recently too. Keep up the fishing updates, its nice to know what others are doing on the St. Croix.

Eleclady

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I got out by the apple river last thursday and did pretty well for my first trip down to that part of the river. When i did find some eyes i put seven in the boat in about a hour. None where keepers. I thought this was pretty good on new water.
    Put in at copas and headed down to the apple that day. What a great looking strech of river. I will surely be back on this water. Anyone else been out in this area?
    I did come home with a extra lure which makes for an nice bonus. It was a blue yourzie (spelling?). I took it up to Aitkin with me this weekend and put many nice eyes in the boat with it on the Miss. up there. The size of the eyes are amazing up there. We caught them from 6″ to 24″. With at least half being over 15″. This is no big river up there eather. It made for a great weekend.
    I should be back on the croix tommorrow again. I think I will start checking some fall areas to see if they are statring to stack up in them yet. Its getting closer all the time.
    Ring worms still seem to be working well for me. I have been picking up quite a few eyes on them lately. Last thursday I would troll my red and white walleye diver up stream and jig a ring worm back down and caught fish both ways. I dont think I caught a single fish on the worms last winter but finally started picking up some eyes, bass, and one 34″ northern on them this summer. Anyone else been trying the ring worms this summer.
    I hope everyone had a good weekend of fishing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.