DNR gives Red Wing Shoes Gate the boot!

• RipnLips1
    Roberts,Wi

Great job Jon,I think it was worth taking a day off of work.Way to go.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

You know this is not the first, and not the last, time that that an issue like this happens. There was that harbor owner in Redwing that thought he owned the river till he tryed kicking out a law enforcement officer, and there’s the owner of Kings Cove in Hastings that I have heard that tries to kick fisherman out of Conely Lake. We must stand up for our rights. And this is a great example of what a group of people can do if they stick together. I suggest that whenever anyone encounters something like this they get it on this site and call the DNR.
    Congrats to all that sent E-mails or called the DNR.
    A thought…..Perhaps FTR could start a action page or a tip line/page.
    Happy fishing

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Elaborate a little on what you mean by a tip line page or action page… please.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

When someone finds something or see’s something like the gate have a special place so that fisherman (women) can take a look at it and take action. IE: call DNR, or other officals. Sort of a NRA action team. Only it involves all fisherpeople.
    Then at that page perhaps a direct link to the DNR officials complaint line. Make it easy to do an e-mail and you will get good response.
    Do you think that it’s a good idea?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.