OK… Let here the RESULTS/Bragging!

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

wow.. only saw one other post on the weekend.. it was right after they got back.. but then I guess if I pulled a double limit in short time heck.. I would be burning the wires too!… but I had the new boat.. and it was a shakedown cruise.. and not a horribly serious effort… I did get out saturday… sometime around 1pm…. it was cloudy, getting colder fast and the wind was screaming…. went out of Osceola.. Ive not fished there on an opener before… so I was searching for spots…. in the 4 hours I was out, trolling the whole time I found 2 spots…. the best was the shoreline right across from the launch… some nice current breaks there and a really rough bottom that the fish like to sit in….. of the 5 walleye we caught we took 3 from there.. and if we had focused on it the whole time Im sure we would have done better….. and if I knew the “spots” in there we would have done MUCH better….. one of the eyes was 20″… the rest were of the 14-15 inch variety….. most were caught on a perch shad rap.. which seemed to be the best bait so far… we also caught 3 white bass… in the 12-15 inch range.. (12,13,15)…. My honey outfished me and has the pictures to prove it! lol….. oh the rest of our fish were caught on 3 ways with a piece of crawler…. when I get a chance Im going back and see if I can hold an anchor above a couple of these holes and toss jigs and live bait rigs… have a feeling there will be some fish to catch…..

RipnLips1
    Roberts,Wi

Where any of the fish you got have any spawn in them?The fish we caught on Sat.were empty and hungry.I believe these are lake spanwers.We started started shallow and found the fish to be a little deeper than I thought.14-18ft.Slow,slow or they wouldnt even look at it. Todays report(Sunday)fished the same small flat down from Hudson with the total being three legals and a handful of whitebass.It was alot slower today(cool front of course) anyways started out dragging crawlers and chubs with one legal fish at 9am.So moved and found a pile of fish north of Kinni but it was hard to get them to go.Perch firetiger jr sticks saved the day.for 2 more legals. P.s– rivereyes how big of rig can you put in at Osela? I’d like to try that area some day.I get up that way everyonce and awhile on Cedar Lake.See you on the water.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My partner and I got 3 longs and 1 short on Saturday and 2 longs on Sunday. All on crawlers. All males that were not finished with their fertilization task if you know what I mean. Fished from 05:45-3:30 on Sat. Long day in the wind. Bilge pump works!

Threw a ring worm on Sunday to change the pace. Caught a 17.5″ smallie. Good fight. All in all the river was slow. Looking forward to better times out there soon. As an interesting side note we caught no rough fish. Not one single sheep which is very strange.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

You can launch a big rig at Osceola.. I recomend the upstream ramp.. the downstream one is shallower… though I launched there…. either ramp is easier then the one at franconia……..

all of our fish were males and all had milt coming out… I got the feeling that (since I was fishing new area)… if I had a bit more time on the water I could have dialed in a decent bite….. I think the fish were there and though reluctant they were catchable with the right presentation… I just needed a few more hours to find the right spot and presentation…. theres a lot of very fishy looking water…. and of course an even larger amount of very unfishy looking water

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

9 legals all North of Stillwater, all on #7 Perch Shad Raps all males full of spunk and not leaking except the 1 sauger that had spawn in it. 12′-16′ decent current in the main channel.

If we used a #5 Shad Rap we got small ones! Couldn’t buy a walleye on live bait or after the front moved through about 11:30 Saturday. It was a great opener -) Lots of silvers all over to keep you busy also. 0 sheepskins YIPPEE!

I haven’t heard of anybody doing good South of Stillwater yet.

This rain should warm up the water, we only found 48-49 degrees so far.

Ferny.

croixboy
    Plymouth

Went out both Sat/Sun. Saturday had lots of action with 4 legals and a bunch of legal wannbess. Whitebass added to the fun. Fished way north of stillwater working the holes and paid attention to the current. Seemed to be where the action was. Sunday was much slower. Worked on my wind boat control mostly. Still fun. Two legals. Good opener all in all.

thor
    Hudson WI

well after an unexpected trip out of town sun and mon, here are my less than others results, fished cedar lake sat early, not even a nib, marked a few though………….went to the croix, and tolerated the wind and cold for about 3-4 hrs ended up with only one fish but it was a DANDY 24″ walleye, when the pic comes back ill try to get it on the web. she was full of spawn. caught in about 16ft of water.

ErikWinkleman
    Osceola, WI

So where are they biting…depth? are they in the holes? where oh where can i find the walleyes this weekend..in the osceola area??

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

who knows by this weekend.. but shouldnt be much different.. I did not fish the holes… just the flats adjacent to them… all I did was troll perch shad raps.. #7… with long line out.. 100’…. not sure what depth that hits.. what with the current and all… but I was hitting bottom in 10′ maybe more….. the flats I fished were 8-12’…… to fish deeper I would use 3ways and bait.. or use jigs…. they just might be sitting in some of the holes.. the depthfinder showed fish sitting just on the lip of the upstream entry of the pools…. would be a good place to drop a jig….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.