Lots of choices for walleye presentations

• Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

My favorite part of the cold water late October bite are the presentation choices. Within the last two days my boat has at one point has trolled crankbaits, fished plain jig and minnow, buck tail jig and minnow, jig and plastic without and with minnow, Snap Rap, blade bait, and last but not least plain hook on 4’ leader. The only one of these not catching a keeper walleye is the blade bait, and I did not give it enough time, but from recollection of past catches from this calendar date on work very well.

Catching depths still all over the board from 17 to 30.

Mike with a hair jig and minnow caught walleye just over 27″. Mike was in from Kansas on a Andersen Window trip.

Me with a trolled up walleye caught on the second half of the Pastor Jeremy gift certificate trip, we had a good time catching fish and talking about Jesus.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Amen Brother those are some nice Walleye !!!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Bet the Holy man would like this one, saw it in a customers home and had to take a picture. Awesome eyes!

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Thanks for the great report! Its fun when you can catch fish with varied methods! Its always nice to use what you have confidence in, that’s for sure. Keep the reports coming! They are helpful for us weekend sportsmen so we at least know where to begin!

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Great Job, Turk!

Beautiful fish – Thanks for the report.

alphabass

Yea the fall feedbag is definitely on.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Jigs with plastic/tipped with fatheads and hair jigs working for my boat in 22 to 32 fow.
    Water still warm, get some good weather and it still should be worth it out there.

Keya and Dean with a real nice walleye – very fun trip with these two.
    Me with a solid eye. Jig fishing.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Love the old school wool look you got there, Turk!

-J.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Quote:

Love the old school wool look you got there, Turk!

-J.

Any time I look like a cast member from “grumpy old men” I’m doing all right.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

November 8

After floating my boat yesterday I was pleased to read the water temperature gage at 44 to 42 degrees, teamed with the light wind these fishing conditions are great for fall walleye and sauger. I found the bite yesterday to be good once I dialed in my presentation, and got to a good fishing spot (that always helps). In 3.5 hours I caught my walleye and sauger combination total limit of six fish. Two nice healthy fat walleye (17 and 19inches) and four nice eater saugers (14 to 15 inches). The walleye were heavily feeding on shad, the saugers were too, but they were not as stuffed as the walleye.

The fish are moving deeper and the 24 to 34 foot depth range was best for me. Jigs and plastic or minnows in chartreuse and green were working and stick bait style Rapala were working good too. Darker colored raps did better than bright.

White bass are also active with some of them being absolutely a fat as a fish can be, these gamefish appear as if they had been pumped full of air and are about to burst! They are predators.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Last Friday I did good dragging jigs/plastic and trolling floating Rapala Stickbaits. Stickbaits had the edge though. The fish are moving deeper in the depth ranges from 24 to 35 fow.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I stunk it up yesterday putting all my eggs in the Prescott basket. I was only out a couple hours before storing my boat for the winter. Did get one really colorful sauger up to the boat but tried to lift it in and lost it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.