Hudson

Hudson Boat Launch Parking 2012

Daily fee
    $7 – City of Hudson Residents
    $10 – Non-Hudson (aliens)

Season passes (new this year)
    $70 – City of Hudson Residents
    $105 – Non-Hudson (aliens)

I believe they did away with the “City Resident Only” parking area and provide free stickers for city residents to put on their trailers for $7 parking.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

All true. Got my sticker yesterday. Nice while it lasted

jerry b
    western WI

Thinking it had something to do with the DNR telling the city they couldn’t discriminate between state and non-state residents. City council fixed that, raised everybody to $10. jerr

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Yep. As a Hudson resident, this really stinks. They increase our daily launch fee by 150 percent, take away the resident only parking spots, and set the annual pass at the maximum amount allowed by the DNR (70.00). And they actually claim they aren’t trying to increase revenue to the city.

red89
    Hudson

What landing is this? I put in at the landing by the 94 bridge two years ago and it was ten dollars. Couldn’t believe it! The landing wasnt even nice, and parking lot was gravel I think. Won’t be making any more trips to lake St.Croix, thats for sure.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Still beats what the heck Beannies did to everyone last year due to High Water. Believe, and please correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they charge $15.00 weekdays, $20.00 weekends.
    I can’t remember for sure as I only lanched there once and was
    Hudson has a very nice lanch. Wish they would have doubled the parking area (versus some vollyball courts I never see used) which would have allowed more boats to be lanched, been able to keep reserved spots for city residents and maybe not had to raise prices. Yeh, I know… LOL

Shad22

The City of Hudson was required by law to change the launch fees b/c some fisherman from MN who used the city boat launch was complaining to them b/c he claimed we were charging too much for non-residents vs. residents. This individual first went to the public works director and then to the mayor and was basically told to go pound sand. This individual then went to the WI DNR who stepped in and said the City of Hudson can not charge a difference of more than 150% to non-residents vs. residents. We can all thank the MN fisherman who cried loud enough. I’m still trying to figure out who this individual was so we can all thank him politely.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Quote:

What landing is this?

Red89,
    That launch is referred to as Kings Landing. It is a private launch. Same with Beanies across the river. It is private. I have no problem with a private launch charging whatever price the market will support.

I do have a problem with a public launch fleecing the public to maximize its profits. I have no problem with Hudson trying to cover its cost of maintaining the ramp and docks, etc. They don’t charge anything to use the public beach, library, or city parks. Why do they feel the need to turn a profit on boaters?

The seasonal pass charge is more than double what other public launchs in the area are charging (North Hudson, Bayport, Cove/Troy, Prescott, LAX). Additionally, if there was adequate parking and high water didnt shut down the launch at the Hudson, I wouldn’t mind paying the 70.00 fee. Most likely, if you aren’t at the landing before 6:30 on a weekend, you are SOL.

Unfortunately, we tried working with the mayor and city council on lowering the proposed seasonal fees, but our efforts were not successful. I think the overwelming opinion on the city council is boaters can afford the 70 or 100 fee.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m not happy about this but the fact is the council is picturing all the $50,000 – $300,000 boats that put in there and are saying, what’s another $100 to these people.

Still at $70, it’s not a terrible deal and there are worse things happening in the world.

ET

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

As a MN resident I would like to thank that MN resident who complained as now I have a season pass option. I spend well north of that a year to use the launch so having a pass will be nice. Maybe the high cost for you Hudson residents will keep some of you away so I don’t have to worry so much about finding a place to park. I do find it silly to change the non-resident to 10.50…like I am carrying change with me or something.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I didn’t do it…this time!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

they can take their non-res seasonal and shove it.

Bunch of elitist *****.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Daily Launch Fee: City Resident $ 7.00

Non-City Resident $ 10.50

Season Pass: City Resident $ 70.00

Non-City Resident $105.00

How’s that no-wake treating you Hudson City Council?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.