Croix Opener GTG Next Thursday 4/28

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Getting close. Same time. Same place.

As soon as you can get there after work at the Borderline bar in Lakeland, MN next to the St Croix. Hope to see some new faces this year along with certified attendees.

Been far too long since we made some trouble there so let’s giter done.

Our scheduled keynote speaker for the night has cancelled due to a sucker fishing trip on the Canadian border. Good luck up there BrianK!!

This years main topic of discussion-Parking on Opener 2011

Hopefully our group pull-tab luck shines on us like years past!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

IN!

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Pray for warm weather so the volleyball players are out in full force.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Why do I always forget about that? Seems to me its a league and they have to play in cold weather too if you get my drift….

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Why do I always forget about that? Seems to me its a league and they have to play in cold weather too if you get my drift….

You are wise beyond your years my friend!

randeye
    Hudson

Planning on it!

Cold weather girls volleyball, sweet!

Randy

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I think I’ll be able to make it, hopefully in town for work.

If I am, we’ll have the Rivereyes Memorial Fantasy Football league season II award ceremony for SteveO. He’ll be receiving his crankbait haul from last years season!!

Eric

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Sweet.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Looks like I’ll make it but won’t be til later. Always kids stuff going on. I’m aiming now for 9:30.

If that’s too late for some, I could run over with the cranks earlier but couldn’t stay long.

ET

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m starting to catch on here…

You always wait until the Sturgeon Excursion dates are posted, then offer me $500. to speak knowing full well I’ll be out of town.

Except for the two years I did make it and you had a 3-way seminar.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We are set. Tables reserved immediately left as you walk in.

I’ll be there around 5:30 to enusre our seating. Dont let me sit alone too long!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

probably be there around 6 ish. if I gotta wait around until 9:30 to get my cranks I have to pace myself.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Today is the day. This feels like the most important gathering yet since we have the most serious challenges for accessing the river this weekend I have ever seen. The access solutions we come up with tonight could rival BK’s famous dynamiting instructions for cats a few years back.
    See you there!!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

One other thorn in this weekend — I went down to check out the Bluff’s launch last night and it is closed and they have baracades blocking access to it. I hope they are moving them and getting it ready in the next day or two. I checked it out closer to the water and I don’t know if I have ever seen it that high this time of year in the bay of that launch.

If it is open this weekend and you are unfamilar with it, do not go straight out, the rock wall is completly submerged, go slow stay to the right as the buoys are either not out yet or completely submerged as well.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

i’m officially out for the opener. have to go out of town. doesn’t sound like it will be easy to get on the riv. see you at Borderline. i am not betting on any short shorts volleyball playesrs tonight!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I just spoke to Bluff personnel. They are still on the fence. Will decide tomorrow. The issue is they are worried about protecting the people that damage their equipment by driving straight out over the rock wall, because flood water covers it, then blaming the park. They are trying to come up with some form of signage.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

i’m officially out for the opener. have to go out of town. doesn’t sound like it will be easy to get on the riv. see you at Borderline. i am not betting on any short shorts volleyball playesrs tonight!

There’s always a couple….

And yes I did confirm it was league night.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Dont feel bad Steve. I’m seriously considering bagging it. The weather might be the last straw.

Sat-Cloudy. Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the morning…then showers likely in the afternoon. Highs 55 to 60. South winds 10 to 20 mph shifting to the southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

that 20 mph wind is really a drag. especially from the south. what a strange year so far. if all else used to fail you could always get out of beanies…

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Hats off to the crew that kept this tradition alive tonight. Buckslayer, Onestout, SteveO, Bzzsaw, and Suzuki!!

Good seeing you guys and let’s get a chance to wet a line together this open water season!!

ET

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Crowd was small but the quality was top notch. Had a ton of laughs. Good luck to those going out

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

So who gave up the “secret” spot last night.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You mean secret launching/parking spot.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

You mean secret launching/parking spot.

That too

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

too damn early.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Good luck out there tomorrow for all the Croix river rats. I wish todays weather would be with us all weekend. I won’t be touching a computer until Monday morning. Hope to see some successful reports.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Definitely enjoyed the BSing last night. I can’t wait to wet a line tomorrow. Sure wish the weather forecast was more favorable. Best of luck to everyone this weekend.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.