Inspector America

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Did anyone catch the season premere on History? I would not even walk across the St Croix bridge let alone drive a car across it. That thing was crumbling 20 years ago. Now you can push your fingers through the rusted steel. Crazy!

Just a matter of time until someone gets killed.

-J.

KirtH
    Lakeville

I saw that, he was kicking concrete off the pilings with his foot, and it was just peeling away, yep only a matter of time. Then the finger pointing will start

MIKGILLIE
    Owatonna,MN.

I bet they will spend a few hundred million on a study then hire some more administration positions,build a asian carp ladder and put out some public broadcast on how safe it is

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Which bridge are you refering to?

randeye
    Hudson

Stillwater!

Newexplorer

That show did not uncover all the problems. Its much worse 90% worse. Boat under the bridge a normal pool levels and the rebar on the supports will snag your boat if you get to close.. and rusted out steel beams everywhere. jm2c

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I did not see the show but I know how bad of shape that bridge actually is. Not only is it outdated it is falling apart. I am glad they aired a segment on it and I am looking forward to the re-run. Hopefully those that don’t think we need a new bridge over there have seen the show and changed their minds

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

It is just a bridge. The importance of that doesn’t compare with the need for a new stadium.

Pretty interesting show. I wonder if this is a new series or just a one time show. Another show to DVR.

I think it will be on again tonight.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

20 years ago I remember sitting in my boat under the bridge. As cars would go over, crumbling bridge deck would crumble and fall like raining pieces of sand.

At the very least, there should not allow semi trucks to cross. They should allow one car across at a time and make you sign a waiver to do it!!

The bridge is scheduled to open again today at 3pm. Good luck with that!

-J.

fireline
    Rochester

Jon , do you know if that will air tonight and what channel?

mule170
    Bemidji

It will be on again tonight at 10pm on the history channel.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

It was on last night – History Channel.

I did not see the show on the History Channel website.

However, If you google it, there are a few hits to read through.

-J.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Is that the same show that discussed the failing infrastructure of the U.S.?? If so, I was really shocked to see how few inspectors there were per State for inspecting dams. The show is a real eye opener for how we (as a city/state/federal) just put band-aids on everything. But god forbid, if things were done right or updated, we would be trillions of dollars further in debt.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

discussed the failing infrastructure of the U.S.??

Yes, this is the show.

-J.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Quote:

discussed the failing infrastructure of the U.S.??

Yes, this is the show.

-J.

I don’t think it is the exact same show. I think the other one was more of a two hour documentary about the whole country, including the I-35 bridge collapse. This one was following one inspector around the Twin Cities.

I think this was the other one: link

Maybe I watch too much TV.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

After watching the show last night I will not be traveling on the Stillwater Briddge anymore that thing is a ticking time bomb. Good Luck to all that use it and when she does crumble and collapse (only a matter of time) I hope the total amount for the lawsuits is cheaper than the amount a new bridge would cost

rugs
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

After watching the show last night I will not be traveling on the Stillwater Briddge anymore that thing is a ticking time bomb. Good Luck to all that use it and when she does crumble and collapse (only a matter of time) I hope the total amount for the lawsuits is cheaper than the amount a new bridge would cost

Watched a few minutes. Wow. That thing is sad. I am now on board, but $700mil. seems a bit excessive (like 2x what it should cost).

Must be good ice in the winter under the bridge?? I was suprised to see them walking out there right next to the piers.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.