Credit Card Recommendations

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Hello Guys,

We are looking for a CC that can help for both international and domestic airline travel. With a family of 5, it gets pricey and we might as well get the best deal out there. Are there any cards out there that can provide free checked baggage, early boarding, ect?

TIA,

FDR

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

Do you have a faceboook account? If yes, ask to join FBZ Elite-Travel and Points and take a look at the beginners guide for free hotel stays with points and free airline tickets with points. If you have a good credit rating and never carry a credit card balance, this is what you are looking for!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

How do you feel about paying an annual fee?

Do you often (like almost always)travel on the same airline?

Do you plan to use this card everyday for all expenses?

It’s hard to get the combination of aireline flexible points, free bags, and lo to no annual fee.

Grouse

hottoddytipup
    Crystal

I would say two of the best are the Chase Sapphire if you are not loyal to an airline or the Deltas Amax series of cards if you fly with them a lot. I personally have the delta card, they seem to be one of the “better” airlines, have a large hub in Minneapolis and you get free bag for the whole family.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Do you have a faceboook account? If yes, ask to join FBZ Elite-Travel and Points and take a look at the beginners guide for free hotel stays with points and free airline tickets with points. If you have a good credit rating and never carry a credit card balance, this is what you are looking for!

fishtoeat, Thanks for the recommendation. I just sent a request in.

How do you feel about paying an annual fee? Depends the amount and what we get in return. I don’t want to just break even.

Do you often (like almost always)travel on the same airline? No, but we have most frequently started out of MSP due to family and typically the cheapest flights.

Do you plan to use this card everyday for all expenses? Probably our families daily expenses. I have a separate card for by business expenses.

It’s hard to get the combination of aireline flexible points, free bags, and lo to no annual fee.

Grouse

hottoddy, with the Delta Amex card I was told that the free checked baggage was only on domestic flights. Do you know this to be true? International flights are the trips we tend to have to have more luggage as we are typically gone longer and laundry services in Europe are either uber expensive, slow, and or non existent.

Thank you guys!

FDR

mojogunter

I have the amx delta reserve card. I haven’t paid for a flight in several years with it. It also gives you a free companion flight every year, but to use it you can’t use miles for your flight. It also makes it easier to get to Medallion status that you get free flight upgrades for you and up to 3 people flying with you. I get upgraded about 70% of my flights. NYC, and CHI have so many business travelers I rarely get upgraded on flights there, but most others I do. I think they have a 70k bonus miles promotion now if you spend 3k in three months, plus if I send you a link I would get 10k bonus miles.

hottoddytipup
    Crystal

I am not sure about the international travel. I would call Amex and ask. They have one of the better customer service call centers I have ever used. Customer Service at 1-800-257-0770

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

For a low annual fee, either Chase Saphire or Cap One Venture. Neither will get you free luggage, but rewards are in the form of points that can be used on any airline.

If you fly Delta a lot and will use this airline regardless of price so you can use rewards, the Amex Delta Reserve.

The Cadillac in terms of both rewards that are not tied to a specific airline, airline credits for bags, etc, and for primo lounge access is the American Express Platinum. The various Black cards from Visa or MC issuers are similar.

Grouse

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.