Cover Repair

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Any thoughts on how to fix this without taking the cover in? If anyone knows of a good product as a DIY I would take a recommendation. Also, anyone ever put anything over the skeg of the TM to prevent this? I’m thinking maybe a tennis ball?

Issue is the front of the cover fills with water. I have a post to keep the front cover up but I forgot and it sat for a few weeks, filled with water, and tore. The cover is on great shape otherwise.

Attachments:
    1. 379CB143-F475-486F-B337-8A0BFC2A21BC-scaled.jpeg

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Pic.

Attachments:
    1. 2D0ED0DF-785B-4B5B-98F6-741168DE7A47-scaled.jpeg

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’d use a chunk of foam pool noodle. As for the patch I’ve had pretty good luck with Tear Aid products.

MnPat1

Any thoughts on how to fix this without taking the cover in? If anyone knows of a good product as a DIY I would take a recommendation. Also, anyone ever put anything over the skeg of the TM to prevent this? I’m thinking maybe a tennis ball?

Issue is the front of the cover fills with water. I have a post to keep the front cover up but I forgot and it sat for a few weeks, filled with water, and tore. The cover is on great shape otherwise.

Did you have the seat up front?
    Mine doesn’t hold water and it looks like the same boat as mine.
    Lakes area canvas has that material in stock and can fix it professionally.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

Did you have the seat up front?
    Mine doesn’t hold water and it looks like the same boat as mine.
    Lakes area canvas has that material in stock and can fix it professionally.

No, but I have a pole to keep the cover taught and I forgot to put that in. Just a bone head move on my part.

Lakes Area is right near my folks. Maybe I can get them to do a quick repair.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Matt maybe you knew this, but in the photo it appears that the v of your hull is not snug up against the yellow roller.

Ripjiggen

Yeah I would just do the correct repair so it doesn’t get worse and it goes beyond fixing.

Tennis ball or noodle foam seam like they wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I have same cover and I should probably add something to the skeg.

stevenoak

I rented a building to an upholstery shop. He had a patch process for truck tarps, think a glue on process. The patches were tough enough to hold up to spots like that. Fast fix. He made a fortune with them.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Lakes area is great and does awesome work

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Get some heavy duty fabric from a sewing center or even a Fishhouse repair kit and bust out your Home Ec skills and sew it up. Pretty strait forward to sew on a patch…

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’ll probably do a quick home repair and then see when Lakes Area can do a real patch job.

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

I rented a building to an upholstery shop. He had a patch process for truck tarps, think a glue on process. The patches were tough enough to hold up to spots like that. Fast fix. He made a fortune with them.

I have a 4×6 mouse hole where my windshield bends. Do you have more info on these glue on patches?

Umy
    South Metro

I use the iron on ones you can buy at Joanne fabrics or even walmart. If the hole is not too big and you are not too fussy they work great. One on the inside, one on the outside.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.