Costa warranty-service

• stevenoak

Has anyone had luck with Costa warranty since Luxottica bought them. I chose Costa for reviews on their customer service. I have sent an e-mail, and lost part of my lifetime on hold with no luck. Sports shop I was in in Alabama, had all the Costas clearance due to customer service concerns. Apparently, some employees broke off from Costa, and started Bajio Sunglasses, that’s what they were recommending. Luxottica owns a huge market share of the sunglass/prescription market. That doesn’t often go well for customer service, as I’m finding out. Always had great luck with Maui Jim’s. But I fish with my Eye Dr. that sells them. This was my first pair of Costas, looks like my last.

Angler II

Has anyone had luck with Costa warranty since Luxottica bought them. I chose Costa for reviews on their customer service. I have sent an e-mail, and lost part of my lifetime on hold with no luck. Sports shop I was in in Alabama, had all the Costas clearance due to customer service concerns. Apparently, some employees broke off from Costa, and started Bajio Sunglasses, that’s what they were recommending. Luxottica owns a huge market share of the sunglass/prescription market. That doesn’t often go well for customer service, as I’m finding out. Always had great luck with Maui Jim’s. But I fish with my Eye Dr. that sells them. This was my first pair of Costas, looks like my last.

Go through their warranty process online. I’ve made two claims in the last year. Had new sets of shades in a month. Pretty simple process.

Register and follow the promps

https://customersupport.luxottica.com/wcsstore/costadelmar.html

stevenoak

Thanks, I’ll try that. Have had them 2 to 3 years no issues. This spring the nose piece fell off. Been wearing them without it. Hooked the lanyard this week on something in the garage this week, and the arm snapped.

Red Reno

agree with Angler. I had a screw fall out of the bow on mine, just tried to purchase a screw from them since my eye dr didn’t have one the right size. They said that would be under warranty, send in the old ones and they sent me new ones 2 days after they received mine. My old ones were 3-4 years old. I was really happy with them!!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I had two pairs that needed servicing and they were discontinued, so i got a 20% off coupon for any purchases made on their website. Wasn’t terribly happy.

mnfisherman18

I sent mine in a few months ago via the online process because the nose piece fell off and they sent me a brand new pair a few weeks later. I was pleased considering they were probably 5+ years old.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I had two pairs that needed servicing and they were discontinued, so i got a 20% off coupon for any purchases made on their website. Wasn’t terribly happy.

What service did they need? I’ve had nothing but great customer service for costa. Even on old discontinued ones.

404 ERROR
    MN

I had a fantastic experience. The rubber on my Blackfins started to separate after TEN YEARS and they sent me a link to chose my replacement pair. All covered for free…

CaptainMusky

I had a fantastic experience. The rubber on my Blackfins started to separate after TEN YEARS and they sent me a link to chose my replacement pair. All covered for free…

I have blackfins too and it happened almost immediately. I contacted them, but since my prescription lenses were not cut and installed BY Costa they wouldnt do anything about it. I had no idea my lenses weren’t from Costa because I purchased them from a local optical place that sold Costa.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steven Krapfl wrote:</div>

What service did they need? I’ve had nothing but great customer service for costa. Even on old discontinued ones.

One had a cracked lense on it because I popped a jig out of a snag and it rocketed back to my face. The other pair also needed new lenses and a new arm and had a cracked frame because when fishing, i fell off a rock cliff and smashed my face, along with the glasses. Needless to say the coupon didn’t get used.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ve been buying Smith for the past 10 years or so now. I’ve been happy with their warranty service. In the past 10 years I’ve had only one pair that had a defect of any kind and they gave me a voucher for the full cost of my glasses so I could buy another pair.

Otherwise if you break them accidentally, they give you a 60% off voucher when you send them in. I’ve been sitting in vouchers for years before using them so it seems they don’t expire.

Guides choice are nice fishing sunglasses and they have them in bifocal.

stevenoak

Ok. Costa is going to warranty my glasses. But mine are discontinued. I always have used the brown lenses. As my eye Dr. fishing buddy said it gives the best U/V protection for your eyes. There are some problems in my family with that. I was at the cabin when I found out I had 2 days to pick something new. Had no ability to try anything different out. But my shipping label hasn’t come yet, and I hope to see if I can change. Picked silver mirror. Then realized blue mirror was an option. Watching saltwater fishing videos with no tv, see a lot of blue mirror. Wear them mostly fishing, 2 months a year on the gulf. I have Maui’s in the truck I wear driving. They weigh almost zero. But not real durable in the boat. Also, if you have Costas with rubber padding coming loose, contact them. It’s about a sure warranty replacement. It has been an issue for them. Thanks for any help.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I just went through this. I had a pair purchased in 2016, they warrantied the frame in 2020 without issue. Last week I broke one of the lenses (my fault) – looked to get the lenses replaced but unfortunately I was told it was discontinued. They provided me with a 50% off coupon code and free ship.

Considering I broke the lens and was willing/planning to pay for replacement – I was happy with the discount.

stevenoak

To rephrase a long-winded question. What color do you prefer for fishing?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Depends on the conditions. Some lenses are more suited for bright sunny conditions and others are better when its low light or cloudy out. I use the green mirror lenses as an all purpose so I can use them in sunny and cloudy conditions.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I use the same as Grimruis uses. They were recommended for sight fishing in salt water and I’ve found them great for around here.

stevenoak

Fishing the Gulf and bright days here. Have to check if green is an option. I’m wondering if they replace discontinued glasses with discontinued glasses. Wasn’t a huge number of choices, maybe I could pay to upgrade. Thanks

stevenoak

Ok. The rest of the story. They agreed to replace with another color. As mine were discontinued. Although mine are still available on their website???? The first gal I got on the phone was fantastic. Second conversation was a “chat” on the computer with someone I assume the cow outside the window was sacred. When they came, they weren’t the color I wanted, and they had plastic rather than glass lenses I had. I was upset. Wish they would have offered a credit to upgrade.
    Enter the advantage of buying local rather than the internet. I went back where I bought them. The same gal managed the optic dept. and was who I bought them from 3 or 4 years ago. She said if they were a model she carried, I could exchange them for what I wanted. She credited me $33 more than I paid originally. So with that I got the color and model I wanted, New model Tuna ally in green. $277.00 glasses for $64.00
    If you ever need to warranty Costas. Loose rubber parts are an almost instant warranty approval. Also be prepared to have 2nd and 3rd choice. Or ask for option to pay difference. I was at the cabin with spotty internet. When they made a “warranty offer”. You only have 2 days to accept. I was nowhere near anyplace to check other models. But at the end of the day. I was happy with costa. And extremely happy where I bought them, OVER THE COUNTER.

404 ERROR
    MN

Unfortunate that you had a bad experience. I just had ANOTHER set fully replaced with a new pair last week. I bought this pair in 2006 and they covered them under warranty when the glass started delaminating…Sent me a coupon code for their website for up to $300…ordered a pair of Reefton Pro’s with green glass, shipped in 5 days….Paid $5.35 in shipping…

AK Guy

I’ve had multiple warranty issues with Costa. All were handled professionally.

Reef W

Blue is best for full bright sun, green is best overall for varied conditions.

isu22andy

Bought a pair of Sun clouds this spring and love the. . 70 bucks . Made by Smith .

stevenoak

I was happy in the end. The new Tuna Alleys were $277 new. Got my first pair on sale for $180 regular $230, paid $64 to trade. Puts me at $244 for $277 glasses. The green color is recommended for inshore saltwater fishing, I do a lot of sight fishing in the gulf. Blue for offshore deeper water. Not sure about fresh water.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.