Ice Fishing

• redman
    Marion Iowa

If the weather stays like this for a couple more days we should be able to get on some of the backwaters and coves so lets all stay in touch so we can have some discussions on ice fishing to help pass the long winter ahead. I lost my brother this week at the age of 59 and we use to go after his hunting seasons ended all though he was not fond of ice fishing he still enjoyed getting out with his son and he will be missed by all.

redman

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Sorry to hear about that redman. My condolences to you and your family.

Anyone ever fish that cove on the west/south side just to the north of mehaffe? I was in there this summer and was surprised to see that even with the low water, there was about seven to nine feet of water in there.

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

Red man he was much to young. Was he from my home town of springville? As he was well known as a avid outdoors man.
    As you said, let’s keep each other up on the thin spots and hot bites, and by all means play it safe, one mistake could cost you a many fishen season.

redman
    Marion Iowa

Yes it was Roy! It was his request to be cremated and we took him to a small cemetary up by Mattsels and part of him we took to his favorite hunting place and it was by chance the last place we ever hunted together. I realy miss him but I know he is with me especially out in nature hunting fishing.

My son and I went up to Central City and got on the ice the blue gills run small but we did get a dozen and we saw a guy catch a nice crappie about 12 incher. If it dont stay cold the ice will probaly melt in the next few days. There was on about 2ilnches but it was good firm ice and it had better be with my size. Plan on going back up on Wed so will keep you posted

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

I went up to Center Point this last Sunday to pick up a bicycle and on the way back I checked out Pleasant Creek. Can you believe the whole lake was frozen and an ice shack was at the dam. Two ice shacks were out in front of the camping area in the creek channel and looked like people were walking to the south side of the high lines. It won’t be long now………………………..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.