Cooler Storage

• happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

My wife gave me a nice cooler for fathers day. How do you guys store your coolers? I’m wondering if it should be left cracked open like a refrigerator when not in use? Thanks in advance for your input.

Ryan

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

boy coolers sure have come a long way to where we need to be concerned about how we store them. I don’t mean any offense happycampin.

I just use coleman coolers but if there is water in mine I will leave the lid open to allow it to evaporate otherwise I will close the lid and store it in the rafters in the garage.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I always leave the drain plug open or put a rag in-between the lid and cooler to keep it breathing. I don’t know if it does anything but it cant hurt.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Let em dry out then throw in garage.

Been known not to dry out and get a lil funky next time using, oh well, lil of that stinky FW thieves oil spray cures all.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I always put something to prop the lid slightly open–a block of wood or anything that will allow circulation so that they don’t get funky. Scrubbing mold from a cooler is no fun.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

For long term I put a couple tablespoons of baking soda in a small zip lock and lay it in the bottom of the cooler without zipping the seal shut. Pop the drain open and close it. Short term I make sure its dry and put a folded paper towel along the rim when shutting the cover so a little air can circulate.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Wesleys Bleche-White works very good to clean up a cooler inside and out. Has some bleech in there, makes the white lids look like new.

-J.

Attachments:
    1. wesleys.jpg

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Wesleys Bleche-White works very good to clean up a cooler inside and out. Has some bleech in there, makes the white lids look like new.

-J.

Might have to give that a try

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.