Confused, mad, embarrassed, intrigued

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The jurors identities are classified. Judge Cahill made that mandatory. They were also instructed not to discuss it with anyone.

the_hat
    SE Metro

No matter if it’s 1,2 or 3 guilty verdicts, there is no way this thing isn’t going to be appealed. Judge already said it himself the entire thing was compromised by idiot politicians. Guessing we won’t stop hearing about this for about three years, and it will eventually be overturned (if he’s found guilty).

I’m sure South Dakota will be able to see the flames tonight……

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They broadcasted on Kare 11 the sex, race and background of each a moment ago.

That was announced weeks ago when they were selected. Their individual identity is still classified (and will remain that way).

big_g
    Isle, MN

The verdict is in and will be read at 4:00.

The verdict was “in” before the trial started.

the_hat
    SE Metro

Isn’t that the truth

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

2 Nigerian refugees, five women and a young white chemist is definitely not a jury of Chauvin’s peers-IMO

You’re missing the point. Their individual identity is not going to be made public. Their race, age, gender, etc was identified weeks ago when they were selected for jury duty. We will likely never know who those people were.

Doug M
    SE SD

Can their identities actually be classified? Someone knows you haven’t been at work for 2 weeks or about the same time the trial started. Or how does that work? Places I have worked there has always been people that would explode if they had to keep info like that a secret.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Guilty across the board.
    Chauvin looks like he can’t breathe…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think they got it right. Overwhelming evidence

Ripjiggen

Guilty on all charges will be sentenced to the highest charge. Basically the two lower charges are meaningless once guilty of the 2nd degree unintentional murder.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I’m sure he will PC up immediately. If he goes to general population there will be quite a few guys stepping on his neck day 1. Cops dont fair well in prison

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m sure he will PC up immediately. If he goes to general population there will be quite a few guys stepping on his neck day 1. Cops dont fair well in prison

They are typically protected especially in a case like this. Im guessing general population won’t be a thing.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This verdict also now means the other three officers will be tried as scheduled in August. I’m guessing several of the same witnesses and experts will be called.

Beast

It’s over, now shut up, I’m sick of hearing about it.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Glad the case went as it did – I’m not a lawyer but it sure looked like the prosecution did a good job.

It would be kinda nice if Kim Potter turns out to be a decent person who made a terrible mistake and just pleads guilty to manslaughter and saves us from another trial.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Glad the case went as it did – I’m not a lawyer but it sure looked like the prosecution did a good job.

It would be kinda nice if Kim Potter turns out to be a decent person who made a terrible mistake and just pleads guilty to manslaughter and saves us from another trial.

If I remember right Chauvin was going to plead to a 3rd degree murder charge a few months ago but Att General Barr blocked it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This…..100x this. Too bad it won’t happen.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Just a question. How can there be 2 different murder charges and a manslaughter charge and guilty on all with different sentencing amount? I would think you just find him guilty on the most serious murder charge and be done. I mean he did not murder 3 victims. Not defending him, I just don’t understand how the charges work.

Brad Dimond

n

Lesser charges get swept into the most serious charge, 2nd degree murder will determine the sentence per Minnesota sentencing guidelines. Recommended sentence can be altered by the judge (yesterday Chauvin chose judicial sentencing rather than jury sentencing in the event of a conviction) for mitigating and aggravating factors.

Dan
    Southeast MN

toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast toast

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

This verdict also now means the other three officers will be tried as scheduled in August. I’m guessing several of the same witnesses and experts will be called.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there aren’t some plea deals in light of today’s verdicts, free up some tax dollars for the impending Wright settlement.

I’m impressed with the flexibility of the mods to let this thread reach the verdict!

queenswake
    NULL

Understatement of the day. Covid behind us, this trial behind us. Time to enjoy the summer and just live life again. Going to be kicking it hard this summer.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Now the appeal process begins…..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m impressed with the flexibility of the mods to let this thread reach the verdict

I’m more impressed with the members… only a couple virtual fistfights.

Thank you!! toast

Viewing 27 posts - 301 through 327 (of 327 total)

The topic ‘Confused, mad, embarrassed, intrigued’ is closed to new replies.