Condominium collapses!

• munchy
    NULL

It is a lot of building to just collapse without anyone noticing an issue.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210624-102133_Maps.jpg

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Wasn’t the Navy testing a new bomb a few days ago that registered on the Richter Scale?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thats called cutting structural concrete with out proper engineering and shoring to support the floors and beams.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What are you pointing out?

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

I wouldn’t doubt if the salt water atmosphere got to the re-bar in the exposed concrete columns of the parking area and they just kept patching and painting over it.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I’m sure in the coming months you’ll hear about 1-2 engineers/ employees/ inspectors who tried to speak up and were fired or silenced in the name of profit. Seems to be the trend when stuff like this happens.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

It looks to be slightly more than half, maybe an added wing using different engineering practices?

munchy
    NULL

Wasn’t the Navy testing a new bomb a few days ago that registered on the Richter Scale?

That was to test the durability of a new aircraft carrier. It was 100 miles off the coast of Daytona which would have then been almost 300 miles from the collapse. I’m sure they’re looking into it but I have my doubts that it could have been the main factor in the collapse.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210624-115524_Maps.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Whoa, hoping it’s a lot of second properties and people weren’t there midweek. Can’t imagine anyone making it out alive on that wing.

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>

What are you pointing out?

Not sure if you’re talking about the picture I posted? The area in red is the portion that collapsed. Which is about half the building.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This happens more them you think it does, duluth building collapse of shoring due to improper load bearing 2 years ago. Hard Rock hotel in New Orleans earlier this year, the new lower town ballpark had a collapse and a operator died a couple years ago in st paul.
    I do structural cutting on buildings every day and know this field very well. It’s very dangerous when people want to cut corners and save a few bucks.

munchy
    NULL

This happens more them you think it does, duluth building collapse of shoring due to improper load bearing 2 years ago. Hard Rock hotel in New Orleans earlier this year, the new lower town ballpark had a collapse and a operator died a couple years ago in st paul.
    I do structural cutting on buildings every day and know this field very well. It’s very dangerous when people want to cut corners and save a few bucks.

Totally get that. From the sounds of it they were just having some roof work being done, nothing that should have compromised the structure to make it fully collapse like that.

Curious to know what the root cause is however.

Let’s all just hope it wasn’t a bomb…

Brad Dimond

Also, it’s Florida and that is one of the most corrupt states in the Union. Contractors bribe inspectors to pass construction using substandard materials, the legislature and governor are in the pockets of developers and most of the contractors on large developments are one hit wonders (finish the project and go out of business).

CaptainMusky

Some people were speculating that there was a sinkhole based on how everything just went down versus debris scattered. IDK about that considering when they intentionally collapse a building it drops just like this thing did.

jimmysiewert

Proof?

Seems like everyone is speculating from the govt. to god knows what. Can’t anyone wait until findings start to come out before making a fool of themselves speculating???

munchy
    NULL

Proof?

Seems like everyone is speculating from the govt. to god knows what. Can’t anyone wait until findings start to come out before making a fool of themselves speculating???

Don’t lump me in with your “everyone” statement.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Some people were speculating that there was a sinkhole based on how everything just went down versus debris scattered. IDK about that considering when they intentionally collapse a building it drops just like this thing did.

Sinkhole was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw it was FL

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Proof?

Proof of what. No one said any government stuff. I was just stating simple facts about structural construction. Being that they said roof work. Roof work typically includes hvac, hvac usually means new holes being cut, new holes jeopardizes structural strength which is why I threw out my wild guess. Which is all that that is. A wild guess. Nothing to do with government or aliens or conspiracy

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Proof?

Last I checked this is kind of a chat room.

Besides everyone knows Trumps is to blame.

jimmysiewert

Jeez – Sorry to bring everyone’s tempers and social media mania out today. Point is everything is speculation. Sinkholes, and yes – below were comments made that it was due to corruption, etc.

“Also, it’s Florida and that is one of the most corrupt states in the Union. Contractors bribe inspectors to pass construction using substandard materials, the legislature and governor are in the pockets of developers and most of the contractors on large developments are one hit wonders (finish the project and go out of business)”

Now it starts to come out (no speculation) – the building was built on filled in wetlands – and the building has been sinking and was well known issue for quite some time. No government corruption by the current governor, etc…..

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Beat me to it EPG! I was actually going to say it was Bidens fault but we can blame the previous regime, that’s what the Trumpster liked to do anytime someone asked him a nasty question.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    ***Apparently you get blocked here when quoting a Tweet?***

That is heartbreaking frown

What is this about? LOL my original tweet…

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

My first thought – Bet they took low bid on that project. My experience is low bid = poor/cheater contractor or forgot something.

American way – want best product – take low bid. Not me.

Would you take low bid on a heart transplant?

munchy
    NULL

What is this about? LOL my original tweet…

LOL! I quoted your post with the tweeted video, hit submit and it said “You have been blocked” had to delete everything in the quotes to post.

And yes, the video is heartbreaking.

*and now it took me a dozen tries to respond to you* this site’s software sucks….*

CaptainMusky

LOL! I quoted your post with the tweeted video, hit submit and it said “You have been blocked” had to delete everything in the quotes to post.

And yes, the video is heartbreaking.

*and now it took me a dozen tries to respond to you* this site’s software sucks….*

LOL. Just read that there was a new building in the process of being built right next door. Someone who works a block from there said with all the drilling they have been doing for the footings/foundation the ground shakes a block away. I certainly hope they can find all the missing people and they are alive. Sad.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jimmysiewert wrote:</div>
    Proof?

Last I checked this is kind of a chat room.

Besides everyone knows Trumps is to blame.

Actually not too far off… Brad Dimond is blaming Ron Desantis.. for a building that was built when he was 2 years old !!! rotflol

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

The building has been sinking for 30 years. Wonder why it wasn’t vacated and dropped years ago?
    Oh yeah I know why $$$$

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.