CO2 rifles

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I have a couple of the big 1200 fps pellet guns but I’m looking for something a little less deadly. I’ve been kind of researching CO2 pellet guns but they don’t seem to be very fast, about 700 fts is about as fast as I’ve seen. But that might be perfect for me. If they’re halfway accurate at about 30 feet I’ve got some animals in my backyard that I don’t want to hurt. I just wanna sting them to get them out of my feeders and a pellet gun on a small animal will penetrate it so then I have to kill it. Anybody use CO2 guns, are there any good?

Riverrat

The CO2 rifle I had would definitely kill because it only took pellets. I was killing squirrels and rabbits with only about 800 fps. Daisy still makes a good pump.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Thanks Brian but I have one of those also. Probably around September I’m going in for shoulder surgery to have a complete replacement on my right arm. Pumping that thing up is damn near impossible for me these days, I can do it, but it hurts. That’s the reason I’m looking for a CO2.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

800 fps is a powerful co2 gun. If that was killing stuff too, maybe I should be looking for maybe that 6 to 700 pound rifle that would be a stinger. Just wondering if they shoot straight enough.

Umy
    South Metro

I use my old daisy BB gun. THey jump and squeal like hell.
    Probably come back after a few days but it makes me feel better.
    I can ALMOST watch the BB’s trajectory chased

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ve got some animals in my backyard that I don’t want to hurt. I just wanna sting them to get them out of my feeders

I don’t think a BB or Pellet is the answer here. Can you use 22 blanks where you live. The noise will get their attention.

-J.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Watch that guy on YouTube that uses Co2 to kill squirrels, he uses a slow motion video and can put the pellet into the eye with the set up he has. Check it out, he also did a review on different Co2 guns.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I shoot squirrels everyday with my Daisy Red rider BB gun. When you get lucky enough to hit them, They flinch a little and run off for a short time but come right back. If you do hit them just right it will kill them. Only 3 so far. That only shoots at like 350 FPS at the muzzle and it still will kill them if hit just right. If you don’t want to kill them I’d get a live trap and trap them and relocate them a LONG ways away from you home. Many years ago I live trapped squirrels and relocated them over a mile away and released them at a park. My neighbor keep telling me they were coming right back to my feeders. I told him no way. He said he would prove it. The next few I caught we painted their tails blaze orange with spray paint. I dropped several of them off at the park and ran a few errands before going home. Guess what??? there were several squirrels with Orange tails at my feeder when I hot home in a few hours. After that every one of them got terminated.

JEREMY
    BP

Get an airsoft gun. They are like 400 fps and hurt like hell but wont kill anything.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I’d go airsoft, I’ve got a weak co2 bb gun I bought to start teaching my son with, I tried once to deal with some problem rabbits using it and watched them bounce off the rabbits head and he didn’t even stop eating.

Deuces

Get an airsoft gun. They are like 400 fps and hurt like hell but wont kill anything.

Have fun with it too, snatch a mp5 and go full auto on the furry bassturds

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Watched a few videos on those airsoft guns, pretty cool. I do want a more traditional looking rifle.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Crossman GF529 is what sits nest to my sliding door. I am pretty sure I had to put the cheap red dot sight it on it myself. I have had a couple ricochets come back and hit the glass with no damage.

jwellsy

Another fun option could be a wrist rocket.

LabDaddy1

I wouldn’t use a pellet gun to “spank” a nuisance critter, personally. I use the ol daisy BB gun for that. Seems to work pretty well. So does throwing a firecracker lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.