Clicking

• slabz

Hey guys looking for a little advice/help on a clicking sound coming from my helix 9 at the bow. I just noticed it yesterday but when the unit is on, it sounds like a quiet electric fence click coming from the power cord. Goes away when unit is powered off. Helix 9G2N at the bow of my 18′ ranger, batteries are at the back. Unit is reading like 11.3v. Any ideas what is going on?

bullcans
    Northfield MN

The clicking is probably your transducer.
    For the most part, I think that is normal. Some seem to be louder than others.

Not sure about the 11.3 V reading though.
    Someone here I’m sure will have a good answer though.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i get the same thing from my console in-dash Helix 10. it’s not the transducer as it’s definitely coming from the display unit itself. it’s a quiet click with a regular pattern that doesn’t match the transducer click pattern. quiet enough that i only ever notice it when i’m looking at my unit in the garage with no other sounds around. only occurs in my console display; the bow and stern units do not do this, and it hasn’t happened to me on any previous boat either.

it doesn’t seem to cause any problems, so i’ve just ignored it for the past couple of years.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.