Cleveland Browns

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

If the head cases can keep their head straight they will be an interesting team to watch this year…

Skilled Positions:

QB-Baker Mayfield

RB-Nick Chubb
    RB-Kareem Hunt

WR-Odell Beckham Jr
    WR-Jarvis Landry
    WR-Antonio Callaway

TE-David Njoku

Hoyt4
    NULL

They will be fun to watch also added sheldon richardson

MnPat1

They were a good team last year and should be better this year. They are on the way up while the vikings are on the way down.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They added cancer to their team yesterday.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Agreed. I also wonder if Mayfield is a ticking timebomb.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

And Hunt will be lucky to see the field this year….but, they could be a very fun team to watch.
    I’m guessing after the last, well seems like FOREVER, Cleveland fans won’t mind the distractions.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

The browns will implode with all those egos needing to be stroked.

Go Spuds

Id take OBJ vs. Antonio Brown or Le’veon Bell…

I dont think obj is as cancerous as might appear

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He isn’t half as talented as the others mentioned. He just doesn’t play that much.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I was waiting to see if anyone would post about NFL free agency, because being a self-admitted sports nut I’ve been having a blast following all this news.

I agree with OP that the Browns are absolutely stacked. THAT is how you show a fan base you want to win. I realize they haven’t played a down together yet, but what a turnaround this could be.

I also fully, 100% agree that OBJ, Brown, and Bell are all cancers to a team. They’re self-centered divas. I heard a lot last year that Brown could hardly be on time if it meant saving his life, and a lot of people said “so what, it’s AB?” If you just look at what that player does for your team I get that notion. However, if you have one of the best players in the league and he STILL shows up on time, puts in his hours, picks up after himself, etc. THAT shows real leadership, and the young guys will feel absolutely compelled to give 100% if one of the best in the league does.

Also….Browns are in a real good spot because they’ve got all this talent and a good QB on his rookie deal (see the success of Russell Wilson and Jared Goff). Right now the Browns are an inverted version of the Vikings; they have a cheap but good QB and have tons of money to spend on free agents, which they have. The Vikings had to go get a real expensive QB and don’t have money for a lot else. Both methods COULD work, but I guess I would honestly prefer the young QB method, but that means absolutely nailing your draft pick, and no team has been able to consistently do that, it can be a crap shoot.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

The Browns were close to a playoff team last year, they had so many close games.

Tie steelers: had a 43 yard field goal attempt in OT blocked.
    Lose to Saints by 3: kicker missed a 44 yard FG and a 52 yard field goal as time expired in the 4th quarter.
    Lose to Raiders by 3
    Lose to Bucs by 3
    Lose to Ravens by 3: kicker missed 46 yard FG.

If they had a better kicker(where have I heard that before), then they probably go 9-7 and if a few more breaks go their way they are a 10 win team.

All this with a rookie quarterback and pretty young team overall. They could be a tough team this year.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Vikes and Browns will both be 7-9 at the end of next season

Hoyt4
    NULL

Browns will be 10-6 and in the playoffs with the Cancers

MnPat1

At least the cancer isn’t the head coach ……

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Don’t forget Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward on the defense. Garrett was the #1 pick overall in 2017 and Ward the #4 in 2018. Both were named to the Pro Bowl last season and look like studs. Ward is a younger, better, cheaper version of Xavier Rhodes as a shutdown corner.

The Browns are the team to watch this season. I bet they win the toothless AFC North and lose in the first round, but they’ll be a fun team to watch.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

x2 and the fact that a couple of them will likely find trouble off the field which will end in some kind of suspension by the NFL.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

maybe not a cancer but he’s a big hemmroid!

Dan
    Southeast MN

Heard today OBJ already wants a new contract. Now that Antonio Brown got a hug contract OBJ isn’t happy with his massive, yet not as big as Brown’s, contract.

Also, feel free to disagree anyone, but I don’t think we’ll see any financial experts recommending the Leveon Bell method of achieving a contract any time soon. We all would love a huge, lengthy contract, but I don’t think I’d be willing to give up a $14 million year to do it. By not playing last year he made $14 million less than that.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>

x2 and the fact that a couple of them will likely find trouble off the field which will end in some kind of suspension by the NFL.

I would completely agree with you on this IF all these guys were going to a team that was in the playoffs last year. This is wayyyy different. Taking a bunch of big names and big egos to a team like Cleveland that has been the laughing stock for 20 years now is why this will work. For the first year or two these players will be playing for the team, for something to prove, for a chance at glory. Now, once they reach those things it is likely to implode but I really do think they will all play well together under the common goal of showing the world that CLEVELAND is the team to beat. I’d bet on this.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

[/quote]

I’m not sure about Hemmeroid either

Heck, 90% of the NFL are Hemmeroids
    The other 10% are perfect A**holes.
    He might fit better in that 10% category

404 ERROR
    MN

I take the Browns to the Super Bowl about once per day…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’m not sure about Hemmeroid either

Heck, 90% of the NFL are Hemmeroids
    The other 10% are perfect A**holes.
    He might fit better in that 10% category
    [/quote] no arguement from me!!!!!!!!!! waytogo

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Bronws 14-1 odds to win the Super Bowl

Vkings 22-1 odds to win

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Rarely does winning the Free Agent season translate to success on the field during the actual season, last years Rams being about the most successful example. Landry and OBJ are BFF’s from LSU, and their position coach was their college WR coach, so if there’s a chance those two diva’s toe the company line this would be it. But I wouldn’t bet the farm on it. Plus I think they gave up WAY too much for OBJ.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Plus I think they gave up WAY too much for OBJ.

I totally agree, and I think we’re in the minority. ESPN gave the Browns a B+ on the move and the Giants a D-. I don’t get it. The Steelers got basically nothing for AB, the Raiders got a 1st-rounder for Cooper last year….Giants got a 1st, 3rd, and an O-lineman and pretty good safety Jabril Peppers. I really don’t know what more the Giants could have gotten.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.