Hows the Walleye bite????

• jnabben

Never fished Clear Lake before and I only live a 1/2 hour away. We are going to try it this weekend. Any tips on what is working (presentation, colors, general vinicity where to start would be greatly appreciated) Thanks for and info!

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Was the only boat at Clear Lake last night. Jig fished the island didn’t even get a hit. Trolled North shoreline with no luck either. The water temp has dropped 10 to 12 degrees since the cold front hit. If the weather warms and weather stabiizes there should be a good bite this weekend.

As far as what was working. Just about every thing.

Jigging and slip bobbering work great on the reefs Island and on dodges point. Trolling North shoreline has been picking up a few fish too!

At the tourney a few weekends ago fish where caught trolling shad raps stick baits on ventura in 6′.
    Hope this will get you started

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Ha Moe do you know what temp the water is today on the main lake ? I’m going to try and get up there Sat for the CIA get together and was hopeing the bite will be a good one. Are you going to the lake Sat. ? We will be running on chanel 22 so if you make it up give us a shout. Will be heading back out where we got the big one at the tourney last month. Hope to see you there.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Howz it going James? I will not be there Sat. fishing, might stop by to pay my CIA dues. Father and Brother will be there this afternoon I will post a report on how they do. Are you fishing the classic?

Have you been down to Rathbun?

The other night the Northwest shoreline was about 1 to 2 degrees warmer than the rest of the lake. Good Luck

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Moe things here are slow. Water down to 51.5 deg. still getting a few nice whites and that is all. I’m going to try and get up to Clear Lake Sat am. Hope the water has warmed up some by then.As for the classic no I’m not in it. and for Rathbun yes we were down there Sat and the water is 51 to 52.5 so everything was deep. Had wind up to 30 mph and got blew off the lake around 2:30 with only 3 very nice whites and that was all. Hope to get back down there the 14th . Might even try and go in the middle of the week around the 11th. Hard to say now. Would like a report first. Are you staying with Terry (walleyetracker) at Rathbun ??? If so you will be in the cabin next to us.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Yes, we will be staying with Terry. Eric my brother will be down to Rathbun the 14 too. The waters got two weeks to warm up. Hope it does!!!! I’m sure there will be some BS’en and Fri night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.