yellow bass

• KEISHA
    iowa

My wife and I were Planning on taking our kids over this weekend to try to catch some yellows. I just was wondering if anyone was doing any good this week. I’m planning on taking the boat over if that makes any difference. I have never fished for yellows in open water. It has always been through the ice. Any advice would be helpful. thanks

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

The yellows have been hitting good the last two weekends at Clear Lake(I assume thats where you are headed). Around the island, north shore, and Dodges point were our best bets. We caught the most yellows around Dodges using either slip bobbers and minnows or just a plain hook with a split shot a foot above.

superdave
    NE IA

I caught some real nice yellows, and some nice white bass off the north shore last weekend.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I bet I caught 20 by accident fishing within 10 feet of shore in 3-4′ of water last Sunday. Slip bobber or a small jig and small minnow. There were a lot of boats out deeper, but we did better than most right up on shore. I suppose if it’s colder they might move deeper, but if it’s hot I’d stay shallow. A couple times we were throwing our bobbers past the waders into shallower water. Nothing like catching a 20″ walleye 10′ from a guy wading. Wish those guys would stay out of the good fishing water.

KEISHA
    iowa

Thanks for all the tips. If it stays wet and I don’t have to go to field I’ll try to put them to good use. I did hear it is supposed to be very windy friday and saturday. I hope not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.