CLEAR LAKE

• KEISHA
    iowa

HELLO, I’m new at the whole computer email stuff and all this so I hope I am doing this right. Fished Clear Lake on the 3rd and the 10th with good luck. 3rd, seven year old son,Braden, caught a eighteen incher within 20 minutes of getting there. He was exited. We have kept a number of eater size fish [within our limit though]. Will verify the ringworms work!!!! My wife caught 4 fish in ten minutes after switching to them. I fish alot at spirit lake so I can try to keep you guys up to speed once I learn how to work this whole system. Pictures will be soon to come after the digital camera shows up. New boat took most of the spending cash. catch you all later.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want. Thanks for the report. Look forward to reading more. A new boat is always a special treat. Sure makes a guy or gal want to be on the water even more.
    Thanks, Bill

fishiowa
    NW, IA

Welcome, I’m fairly new to this site also, it has already become a new addiction. Glad to see another person who fishes Spirit and Clear they are the two lakes that I fish the most also. Thanks for the report.

Everett

If I can’t fish in heaven I’m not going

spkwms
    N.E. Iowa

Nice report. Have they put the docks in at McIntosh yet?

KEISHA
    iowa

YES, THERE IS ONE DOCK IN AT MCINTOSH. I NEVER LOOKED AROUND AT OTHERS BUT DID NOTICE ALOT OF DOCKS HAD GONE IN LAST WEEK.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

WALLiSLYR, do the eyes show any preference on color on clear lake for the ringworms? Haven’t tried them there yet, but I will when I get down there again. Thanks for the report!

KEISHA
    iowa

WE NEVER TRIED ALOT OF DIFFERENT COLORS. THE ONE THAT WORKED THE BEST WAS PURPLE BODY AND CHARTRUSE TAIL. THE ALL CHARTRUSE DIDN’T DO AS WELL. NEVER TRIED ANY OTHERS BECAUSE THE JIGS AND LIVE MINNOWS WERE WORKING SO WELL.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Has anyone ever fished in Ventura Bay for eyes this late in the year? How about trolling the flats to the south of the outlet from Ventura Bay? I’ll be up there prefishing Saturday and was wondering about fishing both those areas. Allegedly the eyes come into the marsh early, but where do they go once the spawn is over? Do they stay in the marsh or do they drop out the the main lake? I know you can catch lots of males on the reefs, but I know there are bigger fish in Clear Lake and they have to be somewhere.

Big Mike
    Allison, Iowa

Big Esox, I’ll be up on Sat also, look for a Crestliner 202 w/wrap and say Hi. I thought most of the walleyes actually spawn in areas on the main lake, but alot of larger ones are caught immediately following due to the fact the DNR strips the females and dumps them in Ventura for easier adjusting back to the lake conditions. Just what I heard at one time. A few years ago our best bite in middle of May was in Ventura bay…go figure.

fishiowa
    NW, IA

I fished CL a lot last year but never paid any attention to whether it has any resorts on it. My 85 year old father-in-law now lives with us and I would like to take him to a resort on CL if there is one with a dock for him to fish off. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Everett

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.