How about a report?

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I have a kid to take fishing and he wants to catch lots of fish. Doesn’t care what kind. Are the yellows grouped up again and catchable? Any help would be much appreciated. How about the walleyes? Got some old reports that they are going ok. Is that still true? Thanks fellow fishermen.

spkwms
    N.E. Iowa

You might want to checkout Clear Lake if you want to fish close to home. I was there Sunday and caught a couple of Walleyes that were small, but the Yellows were active along the north shore. I think if you concentrated on these you would keep him or her happy.
    Good luck.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

John, I was up Sunday mid day. Wind from the East-Southeast was terrible for fishing and boat control was not the easiest. Did get a few yellows on the North side by the pump house. No walleyes!!! Slip bobber with a minnow took a few and jig and minnow the others. Wasn’t fast and furious, but I think the wind and temp change had a lot to do with it.

Good Luck! Clay

Niteeye
    Nashua,Iowa

I talked my buddy into fishing Clear lake instead of Saylorville Saturday and we were glad we did.We fished the island with minnows and kept seven walleyes. He caught the big fish on a yellow whistler jig and minnow in 8 foot of water. She measured 25″. We caught a lot of yellow bass also.We saw another 25″ fish caught by two old boys in a green lund. They pulled up and gave us their minnows before leaving. They had a few big white bass on there stringer also. They were using a plain hook with one split shot two foot up the line.There was no wind and moving around with the trolling motor put us on more fish than everyone else anchoring. We had doubles on quite a few times. it was a great day on the water.See ya out there.J.D.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I apoligize for not making a feild report on Clear Lake for awhile I just got back from a tournement and the weather has not been good for a afternoon tripI will pass along what I know the yellows have been active rushes and island with a few nice eyes as a bonus. I recieved a reliable report from a friend that trolling spinner minnow combo,s were putting a alot of both in the boat on the rushes area in 6ft of water a few more yellows than walleyes the deeper you fish I will try to get a feild report Joe,s GUIDE SERVICE 641-749-2239

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks guys!! I love this site. My dad and his buddy brought home 45 yellows on Tuesday so it sounds like the kid and his dad should be happy with what we’re likely to catch. Hope that snow that’s predicted stays away, but that’s why you buy gear in stead of just clothes right That’s what I tell my wife anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.