Summer Bite?

• CaptainAnchor
    Floyd, IA

Hey Guys,
    Anyone been out lately. I have not had a chance to get over. Wondering if the summer bite is good or not? OUT…

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Troy,how the hell you been? How did the season go for you on the GNWC? Let me know when your going to be coming into Spirit Lake.Lets try to get together for a few beers and talk fishing.
    I had a great year on Spirit this summer.Kept very busy with guide work.
    Take care and glad to see you on the site.
    Hows your dad?
    Ryan Hale

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Summer bite has been pretty good from what I hear and I’ve seen. Trollers are doing pretty well now in the deep water. Fish are spread out. I’ve done ok sitting on the reefs pulling a minnow around too. Yellows are a little smaller than I remember, but I never fish for them on purpose. The lake is full of barely legal and sub-legal fish with a few decent ones mixed in. Had a 27 incher there a few weeks ago. Good luck.

CaptainAnchor
    Floyd, IA

Hey Ryan,

Great to hear from you. I have been following your travels this spring and summer. Great to get news from your part of the state. We had an average season on the GNWC, finished 23rd in points. Made some tactical errors I wish we could go back on, but that is tournament fishing, always second guessing your decisions. My dad is doing good and ready to go for the state championship and Lake of the Woods national Championship. I will PM you in the next couple of weeks to see if we can hook up for some cool ones. Tight lines. Oh yeah, thanks for the update bigesox. OUT…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.