Christmas

• mrpike1973

My wife vandalized my truck last year set every radio station to Kool 108 X-mas music. I still have the emotional scars. It runs deep. Fishing is the only thing that has helped with these emotional scars.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The lady set up the Christmas tree last night while I installed new kitchen appliances. The kids love it so I don’t mind.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The lady set up the Christmas tree last night

My wife set up FIVE of them in our house plus a bunch of stockings and other holiday crap while I was gone hunting for a week. What a nightmare this holiday is.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Kool 108 had Christmas music on today!!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Kool 108 had Christmas music on today!!

Yahhh whoo!!! woot

I usually put up the tree and decorations the 1st weekend in Dec and I can’t wait!

queenswake
    NULL

I love the holiday, but also don’t want to get sick of it by starting so early. Also, if I go over to your house for Thanksgiving, I don’t want to see your Christmas decorations. It totally ruins Thanksgiving for me.

queenswake
    NULL

Dan and buckybadger, yes, it’s for the reasons you stated that I try not to get too annoyed by early Christmas. People are just trying to be happy and for many, Christmas brings so much joy. We should not be surprised that Christmas has creeped earlier every year when it gives such a good feeling to people.

Being annoyed about it also won’t help it from happening, so you might as well just ride with it and let people do what they want to do and try to avoid being exposed to it as much as you can.

With my first kid on the way the second week of December, it will be a special Christmas for me.

AK Guy

What about the Hallmark Xmas shows? Seems like my wife has been watching them since Labor Day.

Dan
    Southeast MN

queesnwake congrats!

Jimmy Jones

Couldn’t agree more Dan! And yes we’ve watched Home Alone once already here, but have no decorations up yet or music played. In my experience Home Alone 1 & 2 are great and don’t really get old until 10+ viewings over a 2 month time span.

I’m old and love both of those movies, and yes, I have each on hand. Then I’ll toss in Christmas Vacation. I also like Caddyshack and Animal House. I can handle the lights as long as they’re someone else’s. The music I can change channels as long as its on the radio. Now stores with aisles and aisles of this Christmas stuff, I’ll take the long way around it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I love the holiday, but also don’t want to get sick of it by starting so early. Also, if I go over to your house for Thanksgiving, I don’t want to see your Christmas decorations. It totally ruins Thanksgiving for me.

That’s exactly how I feel. If people started celebrating it after Thanksgiving and didn’t pretend like Thanksgiving didn’t even exist, it wouldn’t bother me nearly as much.

What about the Hallmark Xmas shows? Seems like my wife has been watching them since Labor Day.

Lmao my wife watches that garbage all the time too. I leave the room completely.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Thanksgiving is the best holiday. No presents. Same day of the week. Menu is set. Football— the Lions are actually decent. Usually have the Friday off. Winter road conditions are decent. Go to Reed’s on Saturday.

mojogunter

Well maybe with the actors strike this year there won’t be as many new Christmas movies to be watched.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

People are just trying to be happy and for many, Christmas brings so much joy. We should not be surprised that Christmas has creeped earlier every year when it gives such a good feeling to people.

This must be the reason why so many homes never take their lights down.
    My lights go up the Sunday after thanksgiving. I still need 1 more night to get all my Halloween stuff put away.

Attachments:
    1. It-begins.jpg

Stanley

The wife had been watching the hallmark Christmas movies for close to a month now and we were listening to Christmas music yesterday in the garage processing deer. The wife loves Christmas so I just let her do her thing as it makes her happy. My mom has totes full of decorations for all seasons and even has a village set she puts up with fake snow and the whole works for Christmas. It takes her and my dad a day or two to decorate especially for Christmas.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The wife had been watching the hallmark Christmas movies for close to a month now and we were listening to Christmas music yesterday in the garage processing deer. The wife loves Christmas so I just let her do her thing as it makes her happy. My mom has totes full of decorations for all seasons and even has a village set she puts up with fake snow and the whole works for Christmas. It takes her and my dad a day or two to decorate especially for Christmas.

My mom’s the same. But her village inside is the craziest village I’ve seen. It must be close to 20 totes of houses, buildings, trains and the whole 9. It must take a week to set up. I don’t decorate out side. But the lady sets up inside pretty nicely

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Update.

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1700505674563_jpg-3034126.jpg

JEREMY
    BP

My kids had their picture taken with Santa at Sea World last Thursday. Thought that seemed a bit odd.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Another update.

Attachments:
    1. wait-your-turn.jpg

MX1825

suzuki & gim those are hilarious!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

queenswake congrats on the family expansion.

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.