Christmas

• wkw

Christmas music and Santa Claus already in the TV ads. Too early for this guy. Still 2 weeks from Thanksgiving for Gods sake !

FinnyDinDin

Christmas music is almost as bad as country music.

Your truly,

~The Grinch

Brad Dimond

Target has the full Christmas display out – wrapping, trees, candy, gifts, decorations and more. Too early.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Menards has had theirs out since October. It was right next to the Halloween stuff.

Bah humbug

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Christmas is still very profitable. Of course it will be exploited.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Christmas is still very profitable. Of course it will be exploited.

The economy is not as robust as some would like us to think. Christmas can’t get here soon enough for many retailers.

MX1825

Went in to a store 3 weeks ago and asked an employee “Where are the Halloween decorations”??
    His answer was “Over behind the Christmas tree decorations”:???: doah

Deuces

Since covid people have gone ape$hit on decorations. Nothing to do w economy or shoving JC down our throats, it’s profitable. If it didn’t sell they wouldn’t put it out.

Ripjiggen

Oh come on. It’s been the same thing every year. Just think your old minds forget every year. Nothing new.
    Has nothing to do with covid politics exploiting this or that.
    Christmas stuff is always out this time of year and people complain about it every year.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Oh come on. It’s been the same thing every year. Just think your old minds forget every year. Nothing new.
    Has nothing to do with covid politics exploiting this or that.
    Christmas stuff is always out this time of year and people complain about it every year.

A guy at work always starts playing Christmas music in October every year because he loves it. When people complain I always ask “it makes him happy and doesn’t affect you at all, why does it matter?”

Driving last night and saw someone had lights up on their home already. Told someone at work and they cussed about it. I said “why though, really? They’re doing it because they’re excited and happy or they wouldn’t have done it?”

Businesses doing stuff, yeah that’s different but they’ll always do what they want/need. I’ll never understand why people will put down others for playing the music or putting up the decorations that make them happy.

I have a 5 and a 3 year old, and I might have 13-15 more Christmas’s at home with them, and even less years of them really getting into it. So yeah you can bet we’re firing up Home Alone and talking Santa already.

Hope you all have a great one too, some of us will spend Christmas for the last time with someone we love and we don’t know it yet. Enjoy it, be happy, love your friends and family, and be nice to others.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

In my house, I’ll allow “Christmas party” type of songs after Thanksgiving but save the “religious” Christmas songs (ie O come all ye faithful, joy to the world, etc) for the actual liturgical season of Christmas (Christmas day and a couple weeks after). It’s a good balance of participating in the secular Christmas season and still waiting in anticipation to celebrate the birth of Christ.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I have a 5 and a 3 year old, and I might have 13-15 more Christmas’s at home with them, and even less years of them really getting into it. So yeah you can bet we’re firing up Home Alone and talking Santa already.

Hope you all have a great one too, some of us will spend Christmas for the last time with someone we love and we don’t know it yet. Enjoy it, be happy, love your friends and family, and be nice to others.

Very well said sir, and with the most respect I can have for you, I hate Christmas music. mrgreen

Sharon
    SE Metro

Bunch of grumps! moon I love that the Christmas season starts early and like Ripjiggen said, it’s nothing new and happens each year. Just embrace it and have fun or learn to ignore it. mrgreen

I personally LOVE Christmas music and can’t wait ’til Kool 108 starts playing it!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

A guy at work always starts playing Christmas music in October every year because he loves it. When people complain I always ask “it makes him happy and doesn’t affect you at all, why does it matter?”

Driving last night and saw someone had lights up on their home already. Told someone at work and they cussed about it. I said “why though, really? They’re doing it because they’re excited and happy or they wouldn’t have done it?”

Businesses doing stuff, yeah that’s different but they’ll always do what they want/need. I’ll never understand why people will put down others for playing the music or putting up the decorations that make them happy.

Couldn’t agree more Dan! And yes we’ve watched Home Alone once already here, but have no decorations up yet or music played. In my experience Home Alone 1 & 2 are great and don’t really get old until 10+ viewings over a 2 month time span. rotflol rotflol

big_g
    Isle, MN

Decorations outside going up this weekend… not because I can’t wait, but because its better weather than in another month to do this !

Christmas conjures up so many good memories of when times were simpler and when there was so much anticipation of what was to come !!! If you’ve lost that… or you never experienced them feelings, I truly feel sorry for you.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m with Dan.

My two daughters are 1.5 and 3.5 and absolutely love the decorations, music, talking about Santa, and everything that comes with the Christmas season. These years are going to fly by and there will be plenty of years later to avoid some of the Christmas hoopla if I want.

Just last night I sat on the couch with the fireplace roaring and a bourbon in my hand watching my wife and girls plan where the Christmas tree needed to be once we cut one from our land. I pretended to be annoyed, but deep down I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

If anyone is down here by Pool 4 this weekend and sees an F150 pulling a Tuffy boat with the windows cracked blaring Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas with little hands waving out the back, feel free to stop and say hello.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Home depot had Christmas decorations up before Halloween decorations. :puke:

We are the only house on our block that puts up lights for Christmas. I keep telling my wife we should decorate the neighbors house instead so we can enjoy them. They are not up yet.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I personally LOVE Christmas music and can’t wait ’til Kool 108 starts playing it!

I knew there was something wrong with you. shock jester

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

River Falls WI LIT up their Christmas lights…well they were on this morning. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Then Warm and Fuzzy got in the back seat when I arrived at work.

tswoboda

You guys all have your christmas trees up too, right? whistling lol

mojogunter

How authoritarian sounding of you. Glad you allow it at some point.

In my house, I’ll allow “Christmas party” type of songs after Thanksgiving but save the “religious” Christmas songs (ie O come all ye faithful, joy to the world, etc) for the actual liturgical season of Christmas (Christmas day and a couple weeks after). It’s a good balance of participating in the secular Christmas season and still waiting in anticipation to celebrate the birth of Christ.

picklerick
    Central WI

My wife and I have never decorated for any holiday. No kids here so we don’t see the point. We visit family out of state for most holidays. I got in the habit of watching It’s a Wonderful Life while my brother and I were stoned back in the day. I watch it at least once a year and my family still cracks up that I know all the lines.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I got in the habit of watching It’s a Wonderful Life while my brother and I were stoned back in the day.

Sounds like a great way to watch it!

CaptainMusky

I havent watched its a wonderful life stoned, but I watch it over and over during Christmas! Such a wonderful movie.

picklerick
    Central WI

I just remembered this, also from back in my stoned days watching Liquid Television on MTV.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Don’t go to Target, that will help.

MX1825

Oh I love Christmas decorations and lights. The FW and I drive around several times looking at lights and decorations. The problem is stores pushing Christmas stuff basically right after Labor Day. shock
    We don’t decorate much anymore. Just too old and my kids alternate Christmas/Thanksgiving every year with their inlaws.

Jimmy Jones

Ma and I enjoy taking a drive or two during the Christmas season to look at all the lights people put up. I used to put 40 or so 12″ lighted balls in our birch clump but that got ended when I got too old to do ladders.. Then I put hooks on the ceiling of our porch and hung them there…. until we got hard wind and it turned the balls to junk in a night. Thus the end of my ho ho ho.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I like Thanksgiving a lot more.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.