N/S Center Launch Conditions

• ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

I heard that it’s hard to even get on these lakes, anybody got any recent info?

Are there any options other than the public Launch? I think there’s an RV park on N. Center. Anywhere else we can launch?

sicheneder
    forest lake,mn

there is a berm behind the loading hole at the n. center access. it you have a larger bunk trailer if you back in it will not float off it will start to move up the berm on the other side. possible for smaller boats. i would call or talk to mikes bait or frankies. mikes bait said on friday that boats were still launching at s.center but i have not looked. there was also a article in the star tribune on sunday of frankie calling on the dnr and saying he would dig out the ramps himself if they didn’t. the little green access is fine and the chisago access you have to back in a little bit but its not terrible.

there is a rv park on the south side of halzeltine bay on south center that has a ramp, but i don’t know how it works.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

the lakes are crazy low, I didn’t have time to see what shape the landings were, but Pancake Island on S. Center is no longer an island, it’s connected on the back side. I guess all the chipmonks my kids trapped at grandpa’s house and “relocated” on the island, can all come home now!

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Can you get between the lakes?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

there was still water in the channel, better have a pretty small boat. Nobody was going through when i was driving by.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Same berm at Demontreville. Any updates on the channel to Olson?
    Be careful about reports of clear going in any of these low lakes from county volunteer patrols. Two years ago they okayed passage through a channel to a $1600 lower unit repair at White Bear Lake and were of little help in the face of a subsequent vicious thunderstorm and wind shear.
    New hazards popping up every day in the metro drought areas
    suggest it may be a very good idea not to go out alone,
    unless you’re young & foolish with no artificial joints
    or just plain lucky.

sicheneder
    forest lake,mn

the launch on north center has been dredged out, but it is still tough to launch. just barely able to launch 20.5′ bass boat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.