Chisago report.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Got out on the ice sunday afternoon on Chisago with my neighbor and my daughter. The plan was to look for some panfish to keep us entertained for a few hours. Started out in a little over 20′ of water and saw what looked to be some crappies down there. They didnt seem active enough for us so we moved over near the A frames and started holes hopping. There where plenty of average sized sunfish going in this area. Many of them where just lookers but there where also many others that would rush rite in to crush our lures. Lure of choice today was a black/white gils pill with euro larve.
    Towards evening a few crappies started to move in but that was about the time the sun hit the trees and it was time to head home. Plenty of panfish caught in those couple of hours. 6″ sunnies and 8″ crappies made up most of the catch.

Anyone else get out in the area over the weekend?

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Hey Mike how was travel on the lake? Much snow?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

There is a good road from the north end all the way to the south that is well packed down. Getting off the main road was pretty easy also but since this was only the second time I have ever been on the lake we stuck close to the main road.

eye_hunter

I was out on lindstrom on saturday. there was some sort of racing event going on in the lake. too much noise, nothing was biting at all. not even the perch. we had to move to north lindstrom. caught some good sunnies, thats about it.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

North center had a radar run event for snowmobiles on north center. There is another one on east rush this saturday.

CLFisherman
    middle of no where

With them radar runs they had brought hundreds of snowmobiles and people. with that we ended up with 3 less tip-ups at the end of the day due to snowmobiles… rookies…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I can see its tough to fish tipups in the area. All the vehicle, snowmoble and 4 wheeler traffic can be tough on them. I have even had them run over in norther mn. they can just be plan tough to see. There where a few tip ups on Chisago that had orange cones next to them. That seemed like a good idea. I think makeing them is the only way a person has a chance of not getting them ran over any more.

Did you get any fish?

Welcome to the site.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.